Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thursday: Backup plan

DSC_4105

I wanted to play in today's challenge, I really did. But none of my browns were working together and I needed to be dressier than what I could cobble together. So I bowed out of today and wore a little-worn Loft LBD with a short-sleeve cranberry cardigan. I don't know why I don't wear this more often, but I love it. It's the first size 10 dress I ever bought. I almost cried when I realized that was my new (and final) size.

DSC_4107

I think I don't wear it a lot because it's almost more of an evening dress than a day one. Pairing it with a sweater brings it down enough to be appropriate for work. (It's kind of funny how much effort I put into wearing appropriate work clothes when almost no one else in my department does.)

++++++

In exercise news, I signed up for a 5K race on September 27! Still two more weeks to go to finish C25K, and I think I will be ready. I'm not the fastest runner but taking my time getting through the program has been good for me; I'm consistent, I move my feet now, and frankly, I'm pretty amazed still that I can do this.

I also brought out the Wii Fit yesterday and did a round of yoga. It had been 104 days since the last time I used it! Yeesh. I was better at most of the poses than I had been before, but I realized how flabby everything has become since I stopped doing it. It really made a difference in my core and waist, and I want that leanness back. So back to regular yoga workouts it is! This is a good thing; I've been struggling to find another cheapo workout on my non-running days. Swimming is great, but I don't have time for more than one workout a week. I can do a yoga workout in the morning before work.

I will get 4 workouts in this week, yes I will. Monday was running, Wednesday was yoga, today was running again. Hmmm, yoga will be tomorrow, and I'm hoping I can get a run in Saturday. Ha, I might even make it to 5!

6 comments:

  1. You look FANTASTIC in that dress! I don't think it looks too evening-y at all. The drape of the fabric is gorgeous!

    Good luck on the end of your C25K and gearing up for the race - you are doing GREAT, and strenghthening & stretching through yoga can only help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kari! I do love the drape of the dress too; I should challenge myself to find more ways to wear it. I don't know why I shy away from wearing my black dresses, but they're all so pretty and uniquely shaped.

    I'm looking forward to the race! I'm running with a co-worker who is super-tall so I've accepted he will finish way before me. I am just hoping to have my time be less than 35 minutes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so good in that dress there are no words for it.
    I used to do some yoga but has been a long time. I also tryed Pilates and it made me feel more fit than exercising in machines.And plan tyo get back to it some day soon.
    I guess everyone has the exercise that it's more apropriated for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cardigan and congrats on getting down to a size 10 dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes a simple dress can just be fabulous. I love this look on you. Yay for size 10!

    I get frustrated sometimes that people at my work don't even make an effort to look nice. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

    Good for you for doing a 5K race! Don't think about the distance, just enjoy the race and all the people around you - the social aspect is such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all, you convinced me to wear this dress more often. :)

    I am looking forward to doing the 5K; it's been a few years since my last one, and I think I am a much better runner now. I'm also carrying around a LOT less weight! ;-D

    ReplyDelete