Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday: Untitled (picture perfect challenge)

This was today's photo challenge:



This is my (headless) interpretation:

DSC_4088

I wanted to do something more with grays and stripes, but it was just too warm out today for my striped sweaters. Instead I used the lines and patterns of the dress to imitate jagged pattern of the fence, and added a white ruffled tank to copy the white space. My flats are also a lattice-pattern, another fence style.

DSC_4091

DSC_4095

While this has nothing to do with the challenge, I did get to use my new Coach bag today. LOVE IT!! It is so, so pretty: dark plum leather with chestnut trim and bronze hardware. It's gorgeous.

DSC_4094

DSC_4089

I feel like I let the challenge concept down today; I prefer to use the mood of a photo influence my outfit. But I wasn't feeling as bleak, isolated and moody as the brilliant photo, alas. I still gave it a go, though!

(Wow. I've already peeked at tomorrow's challenge. It's gonna be a tough one!)

6 comments:

  1. I went to have a look at the phot for tomorrow and it's gonna be dificult....Let's see if I can think of something.
    You look very good. Love your new bag:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I think it works! Even though the colors are Kristen-bright, the pattern is twisty/stormy looking, and the ruffles on your blouse underneath remind me of clouds.

    I think I'm going to bow out of tomorrow's challenge for now because I want to dress for my first day of work, but maybe I'll come up with a board game themed outfit later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Thanks for the compliments on the fireworks pictures! I'm still amazed that *any* of them turned out given that the camera wasn't top notch, I was just using an automatic feature, *and* I didn't have a tripod. Mostly just dumb luck, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza what a beautiful picture! I absolutely love it! And your outfit is very pretty, too. I like the lacey collar under the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the addition of the white tank and cardigan - it gives the dress such a different look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, I was trying to change up the styling of the dress with the ruffles; I've been wearing it practically once a week but I'm trying to make it look different each time. By the end of the day, the ruffles were starting to feel like a clown collar so I don't know if I will repeat that again, but I liked it in the morning! :)

    ReplyDelete