Monday, September 7, 2009

Monday: Peace of Mind (picture-perfect challenge)

YouLookFab member hanna put out a terrific challenge for this week: she is going to post one photo from the Explore section of Flickr, and we are challenged to create outfits inspired by the photo. Today's challenge was based on a photo called Peace of Mind, and other member's entries are located in this thread. I love how everyone picked out different pieces of the photo to work with!

This is the photo that today's challenge is based on. Here is my interpretation.

DSC_4085

I was going to a Labor Day picnic, so casual shorts was kind of the rule of the day. But I went with a darker palette, trying to evoke the dark blurs of colors of the grass and outfit. Black AT shorts, teal loose tank from Gap, variegated mixed-metal BR necklace with brown and green stones, new plum Coach bag with brown and bronze trim. I lucked out with the lighting of the late afternoon, and kept all the shadows in.

DSC_4082

This challenge is fun and it's definitely pushing me out of my box. Can't wait to see what tomorrow's inspiration photo will be!

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I had seen you in shorts before and they look fab.
    Just saw Kari's interpretation of the same challenge and it's so interesting what diferent people take from the same picture.That's what makes each one of us unique.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors, and I love how you used the sunglasses from the original image too! I agree with Nurmisur - you have great legs for skirts and shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks! All that running is paying off on my gams. :)

    ReplyDelete