That said, I did really love this challenge. The idea to let art influence my daily outfit was very cool, and I may do it on my own another time, just to push myself. Thank you so much for the nudge and the idea, hanna!
This was Friday's photo.

You'd think all those bright colors would grab me right away, wouldn't you? That luscious blue and yellow, oh how I wanted to play with that! Alas, my calendar for the day limited my options: I had an exec-level meeting at work, then I was going straight from the office to a free outdoor opera performance in downtown Chicago. I needed something I could convert easily for both events, or at least that I could change from one to the other in the office bathroom. :)
So this was work:

Black t-shirt dress, BR; pink boyfriend cardigan, AT; two silver necklaces, AT Factory; ballet flats, Me Too; turquoise glasses, See Eyewear; silver leather belt, AT Factory. I have never worn silver metallic before, EVER. There's just something about it that seems too much for me, even in a skinny belt like this. So I bought this belt awhile ago (it's reversible with a great smoky burgundy on the other side) and hadn't worked up the courage to wear it until the carnival photo inspired me. I think it works!
This was for the outdoor concert:

Pink boyfriend cardigan, AT; black scoopneck t-shirt, Loft; boyfriend jeans, Gap; dove-grey scarf, Gap (?)
Looking back, I should have worn my new straight-leg jeans and a heavier sweater. It got COLD out there in the park by the lake! But the scarf was a smart move, particularly since it was a last-minute addition that I stuffed into my bag. It's amazing how much a cotton scarf can help keep you warm.
I can identify with your weight loss and new interest in style. I'm older than you, but loving the challenge of dressing appropriately and stylishly in my "new" body!
ReplyDeleteYou have a good "eye" for what looks good on you! I'll be back now and then to keep up with your exercise and healthy life-style AND fashion!
I love that pink cardigan! It looks comfy and stylish.
ReplyDeleteThe pink cardigan and the belt capture the feeling of the picture, I think, plus that is such a nice sillhouette on you.
ReplyDeleteThe outfit for the outdoor concert is super cool. It's funny how those kind of things are always colder than you expect.But I always take a scarf or a pashmina with me because they really make a diference.Hope you're enjoying your weekend.