Saturday, September 5, 2009

16-Week Commitment Challenge: Week 3 complete

We'll be out charter fishing on Lake Michigan tomorrow morning, then throwing a small barbecue for our fellow fishermen, so I wanted to post my stats today.

I actually had a very good week, and then completely fell apart on Friday. I ate too much sodium, didn't get my exercise in, had some beers with dinner, and then totally bloated up with water just in time for my Saturday morning meeting. SIGH. I gained back all the weight I'd been steadily losing all week, and even gained some more. I know it's just water weight and PMS, but still. It's disheartening to stumble at the finish line. It'll be a better race next week!

How did I do on my weekly goals?

1. Attend WW meetings every week without skipping any.

I went, and had every intention of using the no-weigh-in pass because I knew I was going to be mad to see a + sign when I should have had a - on the page. But right as I was paying, I changed my mind and recorded my weight. I don't know why I can't use those free passes, but I can't. It feels like a cop-out. So I acknowedged the gain, and I know it will be gone by next week. Heck, it'll be gone by tomorrow!

2. Exercise 4 days a week minimum.
Another 2-day week. I'm going to work on getting in some time for that mid-week.

3. Count my points in my Tracker.
This is where I excelled this week! I started journaling my food, which kept me honest and on track. I didn't count the points, but I will soon.

4. Cut back on the alcohol to 1-2 drinks a week.
The 3 beers on Friday did me in, but otherwise this was good.

+++++

In shopping news, I finally found some killer straight-leg jeans! And they were on sale! Martin + Osa is discontinuing their straight-legs for a slim fit, but I tried on the straight-legs and loved them. Scooped up a pair of longs and regular; I also got some whites, but I've reconsidered and will be returning them (and a salmon-y satin dress) as soon as I can. But the dark wash jeans are keepers! Oh, and I also found a pair of Levi's at Kohl's -- dark wash, straight legs, sold.

Each pair was $35 -- not a bad price, I'd say.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I had no idea you could use a pass to skip a weigh in. I think I'd feel the same way as you, Kristen - if I'm skipping a weigh in it's probably because I would *know* the news wouldn't be good, and somehow that would feel dishonest. I don't know.

    Way to go finding so many jeans! Were the Martin & Osa's on sale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Martin and Osa's were on sale -- and they were having an additional 30% off. $80 for $35 -- such a deal!

    I keep thinking that I will use the no-weigh option but in the end I never do. I like that it's there though!

    ReplyDelete