Monday, September 14, 2009

DEATHMATCH: Dark Knit Dress

Voting is still open on the Grey Sheath DEATHMATCH! I am still undecided and have received excellent advice from both viewpoints of keeping and returning. The poll is leaning toward keeping them both, although keeping only the Target jumper is a veryclose second. Your opinion does count, because clearly I can be swayed. LOL!

But it's on to our next DEATHMATCH. (For those just tuning in, the DEATHMATCH has come into being because I have a horrible habit of buying clothes that are too similar to each other, and I can never decide which to keep. Which is where you come in -- you get to vote which to keep! I will post photos of the dress, and list their pros and cons, then I'll put it to a vote.)

This is another battle of NAS vs. Marshalls, but this time I love both dresses unreservedly. Losing one of these will be tough.

Dress #1. Donna Morgan dark burghundy ponte knit dress, NAS.

DSC_4134

This is another I have blogged about before; I fell madly in love with it while shopping with Laura65 at NAS, and I am still head over heels. The ONLY reason I haven't worn it yet is because it hasn't been cool enough. But that's only a couple weeks away!

Pros:
-the rich color, a burghundy with brown undertones, is stunning up close, and unique
-the drape and fit are spot on, and the cut in the neckline is perfect, subtle and still pretty
-the ponte knit helps it keep its shape so it won't get clingy (and thus gives me some breathing room on bloated days), and it will keep me warm as it gets colder
-I am a sucker for lantern sleeves
-I will be able to style this a million ways for fall and winter
-perfect for any kind of work meeting imaginable

Cons:
-um...it was $80, even on sale? Which isn't really an issue when it's this pretty
-...nothing else I can think of

Dress #2: Muse cocoa-and-black mod shift, Marshalls

DSC_4137

Pros:
-I don't own a brown dress and I want to
-love the cocoa and black together
-it has a modern-style bold black zipper down the back
-the whole vibe of the dress is pretty edgy, especially for my style
-will look great with boots/booties and tights all fall and winter long
-it was half the price of the NAS one

I pumped up the shadows and filters in Photoshop on this next shot so you could see the color pattern on the sleeve. Unfortunately it also highlighted the cheap nature of the fabric; really, it's not that shiny or bright!

DSC_4138

Cons:
-it is cheaper looking than the NAS dress
-it has nearly the exact same shape as the NAS dress

And really, that con is my only problem with it. I love both dresses for different reasons, but they look SO alike it seems silly to keep them both. But...I WANT both. This is why I am taking it to a vote!



Thanks for playing along!

3 comments:

  1. Both dresses are lovely, but my favorite is definitely the first one. I voted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your deathmatches :)voted in both also

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you both! This one is clearly a DEATH match. Poor little chocolate dress never stood a chance. ;-D

    ReplyDelete