Sunday, September 13, 2009

Dress DEATHMATCH: Grey Sheath

Welcome to the Dress DEATHMATCH! In this event, two dresses enter the ring, and only one remains. (Unless the consensus is that both are worth keeping. Hee.)

The DEATHMATCH has come into being because I have a horrible habit of buying clothes that are too similar to each other, and I can never decide which to keep. Which is where you come in -- you get to vote which to keep! I will post photos of the dress, and list their pros and cons, then I'll put it to a vote.

Let's begin!

Dress #1: Classiques Entier grey sleeveless sheath, Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

DSC_4124

I have blogged about this dress before, but I haven't yet worked up the nerve to wear it. So even though I bought it at NAS in July, it still has its tags and can be returned.

Pros:
-It's gorgeous, and fits me great.
-Heavy enough material will make it wearable through the winter.
-Looks very professional and still sexy.

Cons:
-To wear through the winter, I need to wear a sweater over, or a blouse underneath. I don't think the dress looks as good when I do that.
-It was expensive. I can get 4 other dresses at Marshalls or Target for the price of this one.
-The fit is not as good as it could be while I am up these 10 pounds.

Dress #2: Grey short-sleeved faux-wool jumper dress, Target
DSC_4126

Pros:
-Looks great with sweaters over or button-downs underneath, making it perfect for fall/winter
-I much prefer the versatility of this versus the statement style of the NAS dress
-Cost me less than $20

Cons:
-Bought it on clearance at the end of last winter, too late to return it
-The front has a weird pleat right at my belly, which is good because it distracts from the size of my belly, but bad because it poofs out whether I'm bloated or not
-A little too short, and a little too tight (which is okay since I won't wear it until it is tights weather, and it should be looser by then)
-Not as pretty as the NAS dress

Vote early and vote often!



(I have two other DEATHMATCH sets of dresses I will be posting shortly. And probably a couple more once my Target order gets here. Told you I had a bad habit of doing this, LOL!)

3 comments:

  1. Adorable outfit but ditch the boots or add black leggings or stockings with black heels would really sleek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Anon! I hadn't actually tried to accessorize at all for these sets of photos; I just threw on the boots for all the shots. It was 75 degrees all day here -- a little too soon for any kind of leggings or hose, even just for posing. :) But I will once I wear them outside the house, not to worry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That entier sheath is amazing and fits you so well! I think it's better to have one amazing dress than four run-of-the-mill dresses. I do like the target one a lot, but it's just not as special and has a different, more casual vibe.

    ReplyDelete