OOOPS this has been sitting in my draft folder for two weeks. I am the Queen of Procrastination!
As disussed at that meeting, these are my two goals for summer by August 31:
As disussed at that meeting, these are my two goals for summer by August 31:
Weight: Hit 10% goal
Exercise: dog park when sunny, pool twice a week
Copy and print so visible every day -- Putting this down so I do it!!!
(*cough* Results so far: hit my 5% goal last week, have taken dog to park every day for at least a month. Twice a day on the weekends. It hasn't rained so I haven't been to the pool. My hand might be forced on that one tonight...)
Other stuff:
I never liked hummus, but these days I have been pretty much making a batch a week. I got the recipe from Kalyn's Kitchen and did a little modification. I have a mini-chopper so I cut the recipe in half so it all fits in the bowl.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (Blackeyed Peas or Chickpea)
1 can (15 oz. can) black eyed peas or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 tsp. garlic puree or minced garlic
3 T fresh-squeezed lemon juice (or slightly less if you're not that into lemon)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 T olive oil
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
3 T tahini (sesame seed paste), to taste
1 roasted red pepper, water-packed, chopped and drained from jar
Dump the canned black-eyed peas into a colander placed in the sink, then rinse with cold water until no more foam appears. Let black-eyed peas drain for a minute or two, then put them into the food processor with everything else. Chop it up!
If the hummus seems too thick, add a few tablespoons of water and process. If you do not use a roasted red pepper, you will probably need more liquid so add water as needed.)
It lasts a week. (Or it would, if my husband did not inhale it one sitting.)
I actually prefer the black-eyed pea version because it tastes smoother and lighter.
Also, I made the easiest and tastiest macaroni salad ever.
Whole wheat pasta, chopped shredded carrots, chopped onions, chopped celery, liberal dosage of dijon mustard, a little fat-free mayo, salt, pepper, seasonings, and a handful of shredded cheese.
Mix and let sit overnight so flavors can meld. Serve with grilled items when husband only knows how to cook meat when he "makes dinner".
Got a new haircut for summer, which I am enjoying. This is the straight version, but the miracle is, I have finally learned to master a curling iron. I love my hair everyday now.







I LOVE hummus - use it as a spread on sandwiches, dollop in salads and just dip and eat. I also love black-eyed peas so I'll have to try this version.
ReplyDeleteBased on what you've written over the years, your key to regular exercise is most definitely doing something you really enjoy. I think Abby is helping you out there!
Oooh, I've been looking for a macaroni salad recipe and most I found were just a whole lot of mayo, some macaroni, and chopped celery. This looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteLove the summery hair!
Your healthy cooking always makes me hungry - now I am craving hummus.
ReplyDelete