Thursday, April 25, 2013

Miracle bra solves gapping problem

Don't you hate when your blouse gaps? It is seriously the worst. I stopped wearing button downs for a long time because of it, but I miss the neckline and look of them so they have been making a comeback int closet.

With my still-new Miracle Bra (post coming soon I promise) I was able to take a so-so outfit today so it looked just right.

Outfit details
Cardigan: Lane Bryant striped
Top: Old Navy knit button down
Pants: Eddie Bauer burgundy knit ankle pants
Shoes: my beloved Sam Edelmann embellished leopard print flats (what am I going to do when they finally kick the bucket??)
Necklace: brightmanns









5 comments:

  1. I like to sew in a small button snap where the gap forms. It's invisible and permanent, but it does help if you have a mother who is a seamstress to do the work for you, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You MUST tell us about the Miracle Bra soon - I have the same issue with button downs, and occasionally revert to wearing one of my running bras with them...not comfortable, but enough compression/smashage that the buttons don't gap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've stopped buying button down shirts from Old Navy for this reason. Beside fit, it seems like a lot of the gapping is due to poor button placement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about ON button placement. I have a small chest but wear a 12, so it'll fit at the shoulders/waist, and still have fit issues. If they don't gap, then the top button is too high and the next-to-top button is too low.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have issues with button downs too. I have been getting rid of many of them because of the button explosion syndrome - i've tried layering them or pinning them but at the end they don't work.

    ReplyDelete