Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Staycation kickoff weekend

My long-awaited staycation is this week, along with my birthday on Wednesday. I have kicked it off in style!

IMG_6196

It all began on Friday, where I had to find the right outfit not just for casual Friday in the office, but dinner and drinks afterward with my work crew. I think I did well here -- that day clutch was a great way to cross over from work to evening.
Purple Nordstrom open sweater, white LOFT long-sleeved tee, Gap trouser jeans, black Clark moto booties, tan clutch from Lane Bryant (Kate, I finally used it!).

IMG_6194

I got 2 celebrations that day!

IMG_0798

My co-workers had lunch for me in the office, and gave me a lovely, glittery, fashion card. And Portillo's chocolate cake, known far and wide as the Best Chocolate Cake On This Planet We Call Earth.

IMG_0819

That night was another group of work friends, all of whom used to work in my department but have since moved on (we have a lot of turnover, haha). We did dinner at Little Goat Diner (get the hot crab dip) and drinks down the street. I had sangria, Phillip had some kind of pink martini.

Saturday was a trip babysitting and shopping with Babyfriend and the 2 J's. Babyfriend had her first chocolate chip pancakes, which were a BIG hit, as you can imagine. She is getting so big!

IMG_0822

I dragged everyone to go see the Sejour anorak. We liked the olive okay, but the blue was the winner by a mile.

IMG_0782

IMG_0783

Around naptime, we broke up the party. I then went out for some adult games. :)

IMG_0836

Between two big wins, I cashed out about $500 on that machine. Yay!

Sunday was much less exciting. Didn't even really have time to take a good shot, but I needed to memorialize my Color Project: Red usage of this pink/red-and-grey striped top, worn over a grey long-sleeved tee with ON Dreamer jeans.

IMG_6200

Hee! I am tugging on my shoes because I had to head downstairs and start bailing. Our basement flooded, AGAIN. But we were expecting it, and even hoping for it a bit; we need to find the source of the leak so we needed another rainfall. Which we got, in spades. But we were smarter this time, at least; we bought a wet-dry vac to sop up the water as it seeped and pooled, and we just cut away the trashed carpet and padding. Hubby wants to get rid of it anyway and re-do the linoleum down there.

It was exhausting, but we kept the spread of the water from going too far, and when the condo maintenance guy came on Monday morning, we found the source of the leak. So the waterproofing companies will be here on Wednesday to give us some estimates. Not the best part of my staycation, but a necessary one.

How was your weekend?

9 comments:

  1. Oh I love your Friday outfit!!! You do casual so well. :)

    And the anorak looks wonderful on you - great shape, love the curved hem.

    Hope you end up having more fun on your staycation (and less flooding/contractor appearances). And woohoo, Happy (early) Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a way it's good you had the flood while you're on vacation. You'll have to time to deal with the water-proofer and get things cleared out for them to work. We have one room where we don't set things on the floor because it's so prone to puddles.

    I like the Anorak too. You're ready for April showers!

    Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the big win! How fun!

    Love the purple cardigan....I have one that is really similar to yours and I can never style it quite right, but you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday on Wednesday! What a nice extended evening you had!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Eve! I love the outfit with jeans and purple sweater. Have an awesome staycation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Portillo's Chocolate Cake is the BEST. There is nothing better. When I had my first bout with breast cancer and surgery, my neighbors did a two-week dinner delivery for us. By far my favorite drop-off was a single Portillo's Chocolate Cake....no dinner. She was by far my FAVORITE neighbor and still is......

    Your outfit's all wonderful. I love how you pull colors together and look so classy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like your blue anorak - and what a way to begin your weekend: money from the casino!!
    Last time I was in a casino, was in Vegas - and I made 7 cents.

    ReplyDelete