Monday, March 11, 2013

Last week

Some random shots from last week...

IMG_6175

Emily and I goof around in the doorframe, then I did a real shot. Truthfully, I liked the goofing around one better.

IMG_6172

The remaining coral Old Navy sweater, black tee, grey Gap modern bootcuts, ivory and black patterned scarf. The scarf did not last long with the outfit once I got to the office. Hot flashes don't like being contained by a scarf. :(

IMG_6176

I had a meeting with some snazzy dressers on Thursday, so I was glad I had gotten this gold bird-patterned top from Gwynnie Bee a few days earlier. The suit is Gap, actually -- it is my usual Gap bootcuts (I have many pairs of them) and I bought the Gap suiting jacket a while ago just to be able to turn it into a suit when needed.

IMG_6185

The necklace is a smoky glass one that I've had for a few years; it had way too many other cluttery items on it when I first bought it from Ann Taylor, but I trimmed it down and it's been a workhorse ever since. So pretty against the gold top -- I got tons of compliments all day.

IMG_0797

This cracked me up -- a couple weeks ago, my co-worker D and I had the same color scheme idea for casual Friday! We had one of the guys take our picture.

I am on Staycation this week, and have already been picture happy. I'll post more in a bit.


3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time at home! Cool Ann Taylor necklace!
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bright cardigan is gorgeous on you. Love that color.

    I have a necklace that has a few too many clutter things on it too and I've considered trimming it but I just can't get myself to do it yet. Maybe I will do so now that I've seen how nicely yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you rediscovered that necklace and paired it with that top - it looks so chic and updated. SOmetimes a simple accessory can transform an outfit and this necklace has that power.

    ReplyDelete