The reason I have been wearing it up is that at the ripe old age of 44, I have started to have hot flashes. I'll be talking to my doctor about them at my annual physical this month, but in the meantime they are just a nuisance. My skull and nape are always the parts that get hot and sweaty when I overheat, so that's where the hot flash impacts too. Having thick hair doesn't help as it gets immediately soaked. Ugh.
Anyway. I have been purchasing a lot of clips and nice elastics. :)
Onto the outfit!
The post about Forth & Towne made me nostalgic so I opted for one of my few remaining sweaters from there, a sweet coral short-sleeved wrap. It's getting a little faded but I am not quite ready to edit it out. The coral still stands out, and I love the way it looks against my grey pintstriped Gap bootcuts. It's one of the few colors I have that blends nicely with them.
The necklace is another little-worn goodie, from a local jewelry store as they were going out of business. Three strands of grey pearls on brown knotted string -- it's an interesting mix of dressy and casual, you know?
Funny, Angie just had a post this morning about the benefits of outfit repetition, and this is definitely one I have repeated in the past. The colors work together nicely, and as I just noticed, on their own, I don't any of these individual pieces enough. It's only as this outfit that I am most satisfied with all of them. Hmm, that's something to ponder.
I also did a little more closet rearranging, moving some of my summer shirts that I had left in the closet down to a drawer, and bringing the winter layering tops from the drawer up to the hangers. In doing so, I realized I have a lot of layering tops of certain colors, like white, and they aren't getting enough wear.
I think the problem is I tend to select my outfit from the statement piece first, then build from there. So I pick my blue blazer then find the top and pants. Or I choose my red polka-dot blouse and select the right pants and blazer. That often means that some layering tops rarely get chosen at all.
So for the next week or so I am going to go by color; all of the white tops will get worn, and we shall see what combinations come from that. I suspect I may end up pulling out jackets and bottoms that also don't get as much rotation, like I did here with the coral sweater and grey pants.
Oooh, it's casual Friday. This should be fun!
Love this outfit. And ripe old age of 44? Girl we are still so young (I'm 44 too) at least in our mind!
ReplyDeleteOh boy..the flashes; been there done that.
ReplyDeleteI really love this color on you, Kristen...the hot pink. The necklace is very pretty too.
You look lovely in this color!
ReplyDeleteHot flashes, ugh. Last Sunday at my knitter's group, I kept having to remove my cardigan, then put it back on, then remove it again. At least most of the other women understood...but what a royal pain!
Your hair looks nice up. White tops are the ones that I'm always running out of! I like to have white up around my face, I think it helps tone my face down.
ReplyDeleteHot flashes are annoying. If you get them at night try kicking your feet out from under the covers. If my feet are sticking out into the cold room it seems like the rest of me cools off quickly.