The total amount wasn't too bad: 4 blouses and sweater, black booties, a clutch and a pair of cords (plus a gorgeous gift jacket from my Mom), but it occurred over 4 different shopping trips, which felt like a lot. Funny, I used to think nothing of shopping every weekend, but now 4 trips in a month made me feel like a glutton. Perspective!
That said, all the items have been in heavy rotation all month. The Lane Bryant items were the ones that traveled to Detroit and Connecticut for our holiday trips, so while I didn't get any photos of them, my family sure saw enough of them!
Between those and the Gwynnie Bee tops that I continue to happily cycle through, getting dressed in the morning is still a breeze. Finally found a good place to keep my camera inside for morning photos, so I might get back to showing you guys what I mean!
++++++
This month's edits are an odd assortment.
A pair of butt-ugly dress shoes that I bought in a panic a few years ago (for a party) and which have been sitting in a plastic box on the top of my closet ever since. I needed the plastic box for something else so it was time to get rid of what was inside them.
I needed two boxes. ;-)
I don't know if I ever wore these. Maybe once. They were cheap and uncomfortable; I am much better about buying shoes now.
The faux Chanel bag. Farewell, my lovely!
See how the faux-leather was crumbling along the chain strap? It left red pieces everywhere.
Tis the season for chunky/oversized sweaters, and this was one of my favorites last year. I had high hopes for wearing this with my new burgundy cords, but where was a stain on the chest that I could not get out.
Stupid stain.
This is a perfect example of my impulse purchases of multiple colors. I bought these tops a few years ago with Shopping Friend up at the Eddie Bauer outlet. The colors are great, the knit is so soft, they're perfectly fine...and I never wore them. Plain v-neck shirts are just not my style.
So I relegated them to lounge wear, but I haven't worn them in a least a year. Now the two Old Navy fleece v-necks have become my go-to lounge wear, and it's time for these to go.
Another loungewear top from Old Navy. Love the mustard, the extra-long sleeves and the waffle knit fabric, but the scoop is deep, and the shirt is very big, so the girls were a little too visible for lounging, if you know what I mean. Time to go!
As long as I was going through the loungewear drawer, I found this Gap knit top at the bottom of the pile. Since I had forgotten I even owned it...time to go!
I don't even know why I bought this Old Navy hoodie top. It had all the same fit problems as the mustard one.
The hole in the chest didn't help matters. Time to go!
This one makes me the saddest. I have another version of this sheer tie-neck Target blouse in a pattern that I love and wear all the time, so when I saw this one I thought it would become even more beloved. Teal, red and black -- how could it go wrong!
But it was so, so wrong. The colors looked awful, or maybe the pattern was too busy, or something. I just hated it with everything I tried to pair it with. I am giving up.
We also cleaned out the old scarves and hats from the coat closet, and Hubby cleaned out some of his stuff from the basement. The Goodwill people were happy to see my four bags this month!
Good for you to do such a thorough edit. I need to go through my loungewear - I know I have a lot of stuff I don't wear anymore.
ReplyDeleteI am finding that every month I find another small section of my closet that I overlooked -- last month it was the loungewear long-sleeved tops, this month it was casual/loungewear hoodies. It's so much easier when it's a small section!
Delete"I needed two boxes" still has me chuckling.
ReplyDeleteWhat Shelley said.
ReplyDeleteOh man, I wanna come to your yard sale! Or your goodwill. :) Those lounge tops look comfy.
You are a very good girl for purging! Always inspiring. :)
Chrissy
They were comfy, but I have a lot of other ones too! It's embarrassing, really.
DeleteAll credit for the monthly purges goes to Lorena. She is relentless about it, and now I understand why. It's so satisfying.
Shoes, which are my fashion love, are the hardest thing for me to edit whether I need to space or not. I have great admiration for that ;)
ReplyDeleteAt the end of this season, I am going to have to do a real shoe purge. It may leave me in tears.
DeleteNice editing :)
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to see that last top go, i think it's quite fabulous.
As for lounge items, i got rid of 95% of what I had, kept very few pieces in my attempt to always look put together.