All weekend, Hubby had been polishing off most of the leftovers in their purest form: he just makes himself another plate of his favorites and microwaves them.
Me, I like to repurpose. The first couple of days were sandwiches and soup, but on Sunday I decided to extend the life of what we had left a little bit longer.
First up was a variation on this Thanksgiving Salad. I heated up the last of the Brussels sprouts and green beans, some sweet potatoes and a chopped up slice of turkey in a skillet...
then cooked some quick couscous, and mixed it all together.
That should be lunch for the next couple of days.
Next was a variation of one of my favorite sandwich spreads, Turkey Salad with Cranberries.
I chopped up the last of the turkey (all those little pieces on the platter came in handy!), the last of the celery, and some dried cranberries. Seasoned it with Mural of Flavor and added fatfree mayo.
Yum.
YUM. On toast with carrot chips. Yesssssss...
I have another idea to meld two recipe ideas into Sweet Potato-Spinach Ravioli. First was from this recipe, then I saw that My Bizzy Kitchen made a great one with spinach that I knew I wanted to incorporate.
Unfortunately, work is taking over my life and I am getting a little tired of leftovers. We shall see if I end making that or if the sweet potatoes make it into a pot of soup or just the trash. I'll let you know by Friday! ;-D
For a second there I thought the dolp of mayo in the celery/cranberry picture was one of those ceramic turkeys.
ReplyDeleteI have some leftover brussel sprouts that I'm going to try in a receipe I saw in the NYT - brussel sprouts w/pasta.
I didn't get a lot of leftover vegetables because they were doled out to the whole family. But I had made a turkey breast just for us and we ate turkey and gravy and stuffing and also made sandwiches for several days and then on Tuesday, I made a Turkey Tetrazzini which we've been enjoying.
ReplyDeleteOh this couscous look so good...
ReplyDeletewould you believe i did not have turkey for Thanksgiving ?!
I had couscous this weekend because of you :)
ReplyDelete