Monday, September 17, 2012

Lichtenstein exhibit

As I mentioned in my last post, Mom and I went to the final weekend of the Roy Lichtenstein exhibit at the Art Institute. Since it was the last weekend, and Labor Day weekend, the crowds were insane. We waited 20 minutes just to get in the door, then another 45 minutes to get into the exhibit. But it was worth it! I love his Pop Art.

While we were waiting, I wandered down to see the Chagall windows. They were restored a few years ago, and are as lovely as when I first saw them twenty years ago.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

There were also models of famous Chicago artworks. This was my favorite.

Untitled

The line was still so long.

Untitled

Untitled

I wasn't the only shutterbug. :)

Then we were in!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
This one is called "Cold Shoulder". Hee!

We were not allowed to take photos of the more famous ones, understandably.
There were also a number of unexpected landscape and nature paintings. This one is the beach.

Untitled


This was actually my favorite. I love how he created the mountains just out of dots!

Untitled

Then it was time to go. Alas.

Untitled

I am glad we went.

4 comments:

  1. Looks totally worth the wait - what a fun trip for you and your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mountains out of dots is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I could only dream of attending an exhibit of his.. lucky you :) Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete