Thursday, August 2, 2012

Ready for vacation

I am starting to see comments on the internet lamenting that we are nearing the end of summer, which I am steadfastly refusing to acknowledge. Since we are childfree, we don't live and die by the school calendar; to me, August is late summer, and judging by how long we keep the air conditioners going in the office, that extends well into September. So as far as I'm concerned, summer still has a lot of weeks left in it.

That said, I am starting to regret planning our week-long summer vacation for the 3rd week of August. I want to go NOW. I want to be tan, and on the beach, and relaxing with my feet up on a porch reading a book, and playing with Babyfriend, and grilling with Hubby, and eating ice cream with my girlfriends. Now. NOW, not in nearly 3 weeks.

When I was a kid, we went on two major vacations every summer: a week in July and two weeks in August. As an adult, we can't take that much time, but next year, I definitely will be looking into taking two separate trips, one early in the summer, and one late. I am beginning to see the logic in my parent's plan.

I want to see these things again.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
She's so much bigger this year!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Yeah, I am ready for vacation. How about you?


6 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhh! No wonder you're antsy.

    I like to take two vacations a year as well but it didn't work out that way for us this year. I like to go to the Caribbean in May and then go to the Cape (even if it's shorter than a full week) in late July or early August. If I ever win the lottery, I'm buying property in both of those places :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm exhausted from the vacation I just took, so I could use another :) We're going to Michigan next weekend for some wine tasting and beach time, and I'm so looking forward to relaxing! I definitely can't blame you for being excited for vacation.

    Since you mention it, we always took our family vacations in August when I was a kid, I guess as one last bit of fun before school started. I'm not tied to any sort of school schedule, but I can't break myself of thinking that summer is over at the end of August.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had my vacation, and am now settling in for the massive heat of August. I may need to rethink this for next year! I hope the three weeks will zip by fast for you and you'll be in your happy place before you know it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just made reservations for Labor Day. Husband called the sailboat place to be sure he could rent a sunfish and they said they weren't sure they'd be open. All the college-aged staff is quitting August 17. Huh, since when did summer end August 17?

    I have a trip in planning for October, so it's a long weekend here and there and then another break. It's the life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am ready!
    Take me with you :)
    Actually I am taking a week off to go to my brother's wedding in NY - so hopefully I will get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just be glad it is only 3 weeks away. I don't get to enjoy my week on the beach until the first week of October . . . almost 8 weeks away!!

    ReplyDelete