Casa LowFatDressing has been gripped with Olympics fever. For two people who don't actually play or watch any sports, we have been unable to turn off the TV for the last week-plus, and I cannot stop reading and looking at pictures of it on the internet. Here are a few of my favorites I want to share.
The Boston Globe has a regular photo feature called The Big Picture. They've done two sets for the Olympics already that are just breathtaking, here and here.
An amazing, wrenching story about Kayla Harrison, the US judo champion who won gold this week. That is true courage and determination.
The full story about the pathetic badminton scandal.
The grocery list for feeding the 23,900 athletes in Olympic Village for two weeks. (Hee! Of course I would find this article.)
How the incredible Gabby Douglas won all-around gold, explained in gifs. (Ignore the last paragraph, which was completely unnecessary. The rest of the article is informative and worthwhile. Go Gabby!)
As long as we are enjoying gifs, the one of Aly Raisman's parents getting a little, um, over-involved in her performance ranks as the #1 funniest moment of the Olympics.
My heart, however, belongs to McKayla Maroney. The confidence and poise, the bitchface, the amazing vaulting ability...she's fabulous. (Hee, and she really does resemble Posh Spice, doesn't she?)
19 Reasons why Ryan Lochte is the best Olympian on Twitter. (That guy is lucky he is so good-looking, is all I'm sayin'.) (Hat tip to Le Quantrelle.)
Many people are understandably up in arms about the objectification going on with the women's beach volleyball coverage. In the spirit of fairness, this is Phillip's favorite article of 33 things to love about men's water polo. (It ain't the silly little hats.)
Any fun or silly articles about the Olympics you want to share? What's been your favorite moment so far?




I honestly do not follow the olympics, however, I have when one of the 8 or 9 athletes sent by my country have participated. So far there is only one left - all of the rest did not win anything :( This morning the one we had really high hopes for was disqualified because he started the race ahead of time.
ReplyDeleteHe was so nervous... what a shame, i felt so bad for him!
Awww, poor guy! I admit, I don't watch a lot of track and field.
DeleteI had not seen the photo coverage - SPECTACULAR! Nor had I seen the story about Kayla Harrison. Can I just say how much I ADORE that her mother smashed the coach's car windows out with a baseball bat? Love.
ReplyDeleteThat was my favorite part of that story, too. I will link the next set of photos from The Big Picture once they release them, just for you! It's an amazing blog to follow; every week their photos on all subjects are just outstanding.
DeleteAll the interesting pictures and articles I have created are a little X rated (and are really more meme than news). LOL So I will spare your readers by not sharing them here :)
ReplyDeleteROFL!!!
DeleteEmail them to me at lowfatdressing1012@gmail.com. ;-D