Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Dress me, internet!

I swear, I get all my outfit ideas from the internet lately.

Last week, Angie over at YouLookFab posted about how to wear the Sassy Sweatshirt. Obviously, wearing one at work is a no-no for me at the Nun Factory, but it did spawn an idea for Saturday casual.

Untitled

I picked up the sweatshirt at Old Navy this spring, but have mostly been wearing it as loungewear. We've finally reached a cool point in the summer, though, so I suspect this will be getting a workout, especially on vacation next week. I am ready!

Untitled

Next it was Ally at Wardrobe Oxygen who provided the inspiration. She wore a fantastic striped blazer from Karen Kane with a hot pink cami, and I was head over heels. Look at how amazing she looks!

I will definitely be duplicating it during the week too, with my own striped blazer, but I also did a version over the weekend with my trusty White House Black Market striped cardigan.

Untitled

This was the first rendition, when I took Hubby out to breakfast for his birthday on Sunday. But it was a little too warm for long pants and a long sweater, so I went back to my boyfriend jeans. Loved them with the chunky wedge sandals.

Untitled

Untitled


Thanks, ladies, for the continued inspiration!


7 comments:

  1. you look great in both outfits! Love love love the sandals in the first picture

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. the sweatshirt/jeans is great. You could stretch that for vacation packing with a couple of different t-shirts!

    Where are you going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We are headed to New Buffalo Michigan for a week. (Already there now.) It's so lovely, and just perfect weather.

      Delete
  3. That striped cardi is sweet - it looks great on you!

    Isn't it amazing where we find inspiration? Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you translated the inspiration photos into these looks. BTW, what are those gorgeous sandals you are wearing in the first outfit? Are those Sam Edelman Gigi's? That stripe/tan detail stands out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, they are the SE Gigi's. They have been my favorite sandal of the summer for sure.

      Delete
  5. Oooh I LOVE both outfits, and how you translated mine into your own look. So cute with the boyfriend jeans - I really need to find myself a pair that doesn't make me look like a car mechanic!

    ReplyDelete