Friday, May 11, 2012

Hello Mudder

After 10 years, they are finally, FINALLY repaving the access road and parking lots of my condo complex. Before I start complaining, I will admit they're doing a thorough job, adding in curbs, redoing our walkways, pulling up years of crappy asphalt and starting literally from the dirt up.

That said, it is highly inconvenient, mostly because every exit in and out of my house is a muddy mess. It has rained several times since the project began, and there are still puddles everywhere. My husband and I now have car shoes that we have to wear to walk through the dirt and mud to our cars parked on the other side of the complex; we carry our real shoes in our hands or bags to switch out for work. The paving is expected to take two-and-a-half weeks but we're are in the middle of week 2 now and it doesn't look anywhere near completion.

And I am really kind of over walking through mud every morning.

ANYWAY. At least this will be gone.

Untitled

The workers are usually here early so I can't sneak out and get many outfit pictures, but I've gotten a few. Hubby took this one after work last Monday; those red-bow leopard print wedges from Payless are still going strong, and I still get lots of compliments at work about them.

Untitled

I did quite a bit of spring shopping, which definitely perked my spirits. The best purchase so far is this navy striped knit blazer from Lands End; I was actually at Sears returning some other items I bought online when I spotted it. It's so cute and versatile, I've already worn it 3 or 4 times in the last 3 weeks. It has great detailing, too; the cuffs and collar are a light denim chambray. This was one of the first outfits, with a new purple tunic blouse from Old Navy, my trusty Gap skinnies, and new Me Too flats in tan and black. This might be one of my favorite outfits in a while...

Untitled

Last Saturday was grocery shopping and cooking, and it just felt like a day for my grey Converse kicks. I added this new Old Navy red striped henley and a new olive green cotton jacket from Kohls wih my faded Old Navy Dreamer jeans. Comfy and casual!

Untitled


The last bit of news before I log off and get ready for work is that we have resisted ordering pizza for TWO weeks now!! I was feeling the weakest last night so I had picked up some sirloin tips for fajitas, but Hubby had a late lunch so I settled for a chicken salad wrap instead.

Even better news is that it is starting to pay off at the scale; I had been hovering at a 3-pound loss since the beginning of the Bottom Line Challenge, but the numbers are finally moving down beyond that. 5 pounds as of this morning. Woohoo!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your successful "pizza strike"!

    I especially like that purple tunic blouse. What a great color and style...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot for weight loss! OY on the mud.

    I need to find a pair of fabulous shoes like those to go with my plain navy blue dress.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news on the pizza front! And woohoo for 5 pounds gone - nice going, Kristen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought a striped knit jacket at Marshall's myself. It's springy and casual. For some reason I'm attracted to orange with it.

    Are you growing your hair out or is this just a getting close to trim time?

    ReplyDelete