Friday, March 2, 2012

Stuff I Wore

So the whole Dress Like a Normal Person challenge has fallen apart; I stopped taking outfit photos and tracking them on my spreadsheet since I got back from Florida. Ooops.

That said, I still have been dressing like a normal person, and I have a small backlog of photos to prove it.

First there are some last shots of Florida. Got a goofy one with my parents the morning I flew back to Chicago.



Doesn't my mom look great? She's been doing WW online, and it's paying off. Go, Mom!!



One of me, with a Florida-appropriate top and Chicago-appropriate shoes. And a butt-ugly fish.



Then we got silly and I bundled up full-on in my Chicago gear. I was sweating by the time they finished taking the pictures! :)



I made Hubby snap this one after work one day so I could show off yet another wearing of this awesome Nordstrom dress. I haven't lost a significant amount of weight yet but I am losing a little bit, and it already shows in this dress. It fits much better now than it did in December. You will just have to trust me since the blurriness doesn't help prove my case. :)




A lazy Saturday. I felt like I was channeling Sheila with her striped graphic top over a long sleeved tee! :) Next time I will wear my short-sleeved black cardigan over this; without some solid blocking the sides, I really look much too wide in this. Oh well, lesson learned!



And this was yesterday. This is a new skirt I got on sale from Nordstrom a few weeks ago in its inaugural wearing. It's a midi-length which is all the rage on YLF. I loved the pattern on the knit, and the fit is just amazing. I actually TUCKED IN my top with it, something I haven't done with any outfit in quite some time.



I liked the addition of the thin patent belt too; it made the outfit under the sweater almost look like a dress instead of a LOFT tee and skirt. I could have gone with a dressier jacket or even a more structured sweater, but I was at my desk all day and I don't like to overdress when I am not going to meetings. It makes people in my office nervous, like I have a secret interview. With all the turnover and change in the team these days, I don't want to do that to people. We're already stressed out enough.

And that's a quick peek at some of the outfits I have been wearing lately! Now I am off to figure out what to wear since we did not do laundry last weekend and I have completely run out of pants and skirts to wear. Uh oh...


9 comments:

  1. Well, to be fair, "normal people" don't take pictures or track outfits anyway, so don't feel too bad about that :)

    Totally agree with your comment on cardigans providing some blocking. Perhaps you've noticed from TCC, but I wear almost exclusively cardigans!

    Also, WOW, that last outfit looks so good! The pencil skirt/tucked shirt combination is always so chic, and the long cardigan in such a contrasting shade makes you look so narrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. L-O-V-E the last outfit in particular - it is so flattering. I love the longer cardi + top + skirt with the top tucked in. It's like the magic skinny formula.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen, I think you're looking fantastic! You say you haven't lost significant weight, but whatever you've lost, it shows! Keep it up, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You wear your new skirt amazingly! I like the tucked in look...and your grey/black paisley dress is very attractive, too.

    Keep that stress in check - in AND around you. These are stressful days. All the more reason for tending to one's physical health :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! I just LOVE that last outfit! You look awesome! Keep up the "foodstyle" - it's obviously working for you. And it's inspiring me, so thank you for sharing that with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that last outfit really shows that you've lost weight...love the tuck!!! I love that look - sort of monochromatic with a pop of color. Really pretty.

    The pink top in the Florida picture is so cute - the gathering at the top is really flattering.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the cat poses as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kristen I like reading your blog. I have a number of High End stylist blogs on my Google reader, but I also need to hear from people who are more like me. I celebrate and struggle with the same things as you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Nordstrom dress is very attractive. And I'm glad you're having fun.

    Thanks for the nice comment you left. You're sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete