Quiche, leftover salad with honey mustard dressing, blackberry yogurt with blackberries, clementine and more blackberries. I also had granola but I forgot to eat it.
2. This was my outfit on Monday.
I don't know why I keep trying with this cream Gap long cardigan, but I am not giving up! I love it on the hanger but it doesn't love me back the same way. This time I paired it with a purple and dove grey knit top from Loft, my black skinnies, and my beloved cuffed booties (2 wears so far, the only repeats of the week).
3. This was my outfit on Tuesday. It was still so dark out at almost 8am, my flash went off!
I love this lilac cardigan, but it's a little short and doesn't work well with my weight right now. I worked it out by adding a longer tee. The scarf and the necklace also balance it out.
4. Kelly asked about my new purple cardigan. It's from Nordstrom, and it's still on sale!
5. Is anybody else watching The Voice? Boy, that Blake Shelton is a tall cool drink of water. Yee-haw.
6. In four days, I will be in Florida, reading my Kindle by the pool. I rarely go to warm places during the winter (I like winter!) but I'm looking forward to the trip. Maybe I will even have some guest stars on the blog again! :)
7. SuperTracker update: I ended up bailing on the SuperTracker site. Like with WW, it's just too much work having to look up all the different foods I eat (even using the Favorites option). I would rather just write it down and track it on my own. So I am back to my trusty Excel spreadsheet, the one right next to my clothing one!
8. I need to find a filling snack. I get plenty of veggies and fruit in, but I think I am low on complex carbs and protein. Nuts are okay, but you only get a small amount in a portion. I guess popcorn? Maybe some bread/crackers and Laughing Cow cheese? Anyone else have any suggestions?
That's all I got for Tuesday!

Nice looking lunch! I have an out of control sweet tooth and oftentimes it's better not to even get started on sweets so I'd vote for the cheese snack. A half-sandwich w/turkey with fig spread and sprouts could also do.
ReplyDeleteCute sweater. I just bought a vesty dolman-sleeved sweater from Nordstrom in a denim blue color. Mine doesn't have the drawstring. I thought they had some nice looking things for Spring, similar styles to fall but updated colors. It's helpful when transitioning.
Love your outfits--pretty much everything you show i would wear!
ReplyDeleteYour lunch looks delish!! I am loving my laptop lunchbox!
I tried tracking on sparkpeople and gave up becaue it was too irritating looking up the foods.
Maybe add a hi-fiber cracker and some cheese as a snack?
Chia seeds mixed up in some water. Let them sit awhile and they form a gel. Very filling.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing the sweater info. I'm going to try it. I am stuck in between sizes and frustrated trying to make headway, so something forgiving in a pretty new color sounds like heaven.
ReplyDeleteI am ready for spring; even though winter never seems to have really arrived. I am looking forward to clear blue sky days with blooming dogwoods. It will be so much happier for me to get out and walk/jog or bike then. It's so grey now.
I struggle with snacks as well. It's hard to find the right mix between gateway to wanting more/unhealthy and filling/satisfying. Whole wheat crackers dipped in peanut butter (measured so as not to overdo it) with a small serving of fruit works for me.
Love your Tuesday outfit - the colors, the balance, all of it!
ReplyDeleteSnacks I usually do a protein drink like a 100 calorie Muscle Milk (love the chocolate), a Fiber One English Muffin with 1T of peanut butter, or non-fat Greek Yogurt with berries. Nothing exciting I know but it's all I got :)
I'm going to try tracking on MyFitnessPal, so I can track from my phone. Logging is definitely a habit I need to keep things in control!
ReplyDeleteFor snacks I really like rice cakes topped with whatever I'm feeling like having at the moment -- jam, peanut butter, cheese, etc.
ReplyDeleteIf I need a snack, it must be a snack with protein or it doesn't do the job and ends up just being extra calories.
ReplyDeleteOften a small handful of sliced turkey ends up being the best and easiest option. You can always roll it up with a slice of provolone and dijon to spice things up.
Cheese is good, but then I want crackers which I try to avoid. String cheese and Laughing Cow are better options for me.
If I'm really desperate (and not at work), I'll do a spoonful or two of peanut butter. Yes, straight out of the jar. High shame factor on this snack.
Lately my snacks have been a serving of pistachios (you get a lot, and have to work at opening each nut - and it takes time, so I end up feeling full). Plus a big glass of water. Not very exciting, I know!
ReplyDelete