
Yep, I like this new Kohls dress! (The black ribbon belt is my own addition.) I've been scooping up some jersey knits for the hotter days; I keep thinking August is the end of summer, but we usually have a lot of hot days through September. I am ready for them now. I was going to be on my feet all day on Friday so I had the "brilliant" idea to wear ballet flats (mistake, should have stuck with my wedges). But the ballet flats inspired me to go with all different metallic accessories.


rose-gold Tahari flats from DSW

mix of gold and silver Hive and Honey stretch bracelets from Piperlime (On sale still!)

gold hammered-pave necklace (better shot of my new one from the Nordstrom sale)
Daily Food Tracker: Friday
Breakfast: whole wheat waffle with peanut butter, watermelon
Snack: ...
Lunch: ... um, I inhaled a red velvet cake flavored yogurt when I had a free minute
Snack: ...
Dinner: when I got home, I was STARVED. I quickly had a couple of pieces of bread with some peanut butter. Then I had the Portillos chopped salad that had been waiting for me since lunch. Then I had a slice of pizza (my husband ordered or had pizza 3 times this week! It's like he was trying to kill me.) Then I stopped eating because I finally didn't have a headache or a grumbling stomach. Thank God.
+++++
Saturday
No outfit pictures. I was out running errands and shopping all day. Couple of items of note:
1. The plum Calvin Klein pumps at NAS were awful. Terrible. The vamp was way too high, the shoes were too narrow (even in a wide, which I never am but tried anyway), and the space for toes was too short; my toes looked like sausages being stuffed into a meat grinder. Pass!
2. While at Nordstrom I stopped by to visit and pet my future new fall purse, this Cole Haan quilted satchel in stunning peacock blue. It's not part of NAS so it's full price. I can wait a bit for it!
3. I did pick up a couple more knit dresses at Old Navy; I really don't want to go back to pants in the fall so I am stocking up. (Anne, I really liked the fit of those on me. Even the stripes!)
Daily Food Tracker: Saturday
Breakfast: whole wheat waffle with peanut butter, skim milk
Lunch: frittata piece, watermelon
Dinner: went out with hubby to the casino, so we went to the burger place inside. Black-blue burger with grilled onions and blue cheese, and onion rings. And a couple of beers.
+++++++
Sunday
My friends had a yard sale. I went to try to sell some of my books (the rest are getting donated; I will be moving onto a Kindle for Christmas) and to hang out. I stayed in the shade for most of the time, but there was some sun. I forgot to put on sunscreen. Oops.

It's not too bad, actually. And now it really feel like summer! (I know, I know, but if I don't get one mild burn on my shoulders it just doesn't feel like summer has come. I will sunscreen like a crazy person next weekend, I promise!)
I left early in the afternoon and went down to 1154 Lill Studio to pick up the second part of my Girl Scout purse, a wristlet wallet. Cute, right? I special-ordered the polka-dot strap.

It can be clipped to my yellow one with the zebra strap and worn together too, if needed.

I also saw this sign. Thank God I live nowhere near this bakery.

Daily Food Tracker: Sunday
Breakfast: slice of seeduction bread with peanut butter, strawberries
Snack: watermelon and a donut hole at the yard sale
Lunch, late in the day: I liked the sliced bread idea so much I had a couple more with some Laughing Cow cheeses, a blue cheese (no different than the regular) and the sun-dried tomato one (very slight flavor), figs
Dinner: Mmmm, hubby sauteed peppers, onions, and sweet Italian chicken sausage. I added strawberries, and managed to restrict myself to one sausage. But it wasn't easy!
Snack: popsicle


Now we are watching Little Miss Sunshine on cable, and lazing about before the whole grind starts again tomorrow.
What did you do this weekend?


Thanks for stopping by to see me on Saturday! It was a very pleasant surprise. :)
ReplyDeleteLOVE the necklace you bought at NAS. I should have bought that one too. So pretty.
I'm sorry I didn't give you advance warning, but I was just swinging through and wondered if you were there. :) You look FANTASTIC, by the way! I miss seeing you on your blog. We should get together for real to catch up; I'll see if Laura is availabe too.
ReplyDeleteMmm, those sausages look delicious!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm glad the knit dresses from ON worked for you! Mine's being used as a beach dress, which works. Also, love the blue Kohl's dress, and those flats are beautiful! I take it they aren't so comfy?
No advance warning needed! I like little friendly surprises like that. Made my day. :)
ReplyDeleteI would love to get together with Laura and you! I was thinking a Chicagoland swap might be a fun idea too.
I spent the weekend reintering reality after our vacation. Gah. The grocery shop I had to do was enough to make me want to get back on the plane!
ReplyDeleteLove the Kohl's dress and the flats too. I'm guessing maybe they weren't supportive enough for a full day?
Great stuff! I love to shop. :)
ReplyDeleteYour Girl Scout purse ensemble is so cute - love that you can add the wristlet to the yellow purse. And I cracked up at you visiting your future purse at Nordy's! So funny.
ReplyDeleteOuchies on the sunburn! I was shocked that I didn't get burned from my day on the boat - I used sunscreen, but have you seen me? Casper and I are cousins, lol!
I like the color of that blue dress and I want your shoes :)
ReplyDeleteThis weekend I sold my money pit= car and started getting ready for my upcoming vacation. I cannot wait :)