
We have reached the portion of the summer where one needs to leave one's camera outside for a few minutes to allow it to get to the same temperature as outside, thus preventing the steamed up look.
One did not do that this morning.

I suspect this week will be more of the same flop-proof summer uniform: dress, coordinating cami, sandals, and accessories. Maybe I will shake it up and wear a couple of dresses that have been lingering in the back of my closet, just to keep it fresh.
Today's was simple, with my color scheme in the richer tones: black Target dress, maroon cami, nude Clarks wedge sandals, new Lill Studio crossbody. I was hoping to hit the new casino after work and use my new purse on its inaugural gambling trip, but alas Chicago has been so starved for a casino close to the border they all went rushing in. Last I heard, there were hundreds of people waiting in line to go into the casino, just standing there in 100-degree temperatures. What?! Insanity. I will go later in the week when things have calmed down.
++++++
Daily Food Tracker: Monday
Breakfast: whole wheat waffle with peanut butter, bowl of strawberries, glass of skim milk
Lunch: Portillos chopped salad, mini lemon-poppyseed muffin
Snack: nothing until I got home and had a rice krispie treat. I was starving!
Dinner: grilled chicken thighs wrapped in bacon. One of our favorite grilled items. My husband had the genius idea to cut it up and put it a leftover whole-wheat hotdog bun. I added muffaletta topping to finish it off, plus watermelon. WOW was that good. Muffaletta topping is amazing, just a little bit of it gives everything so much flavor.

Snack: I had the munchies, so another rice crispy treat and a couple of WW chocolate-covered ice cream bars. Glad I managed to stop before I went too overboard.
I know a bunch of other bloggers are suffering through the same heat wave I am. Make sure you drink lots of water!
You look cool as a cucumber despite the heat. I wish I had that watermelon right now!
ReplyDeleteI love reading your food trackers. Rice Krispie Treats! I buy those 90 calorie individually wrapped ones for a nightime snack. Delish! I COULD probably eat the whole box, but limit myself to a single serving. haha
ReplyDeleteI love that bag. The patterned strap goes nicely with the solid dress.
ReplyDeleteThe nude sandals give a nice line.
Remember that Super Bowl Muffaletta I made when New Orleans was in a couple years ago? I often just make the olive salad to have on hand in the fridge. It keeps forever and it's such a refreshing change from other sandwich spreads.
ReplyDeleteOver here? I'm in that same summer uniform too!
Things should settle down at the Rivers pretty soon. My boss was on the guest list Friday night and had a great time, and we're all looking forward to going in a few weeks. And that purse is adorable!
ReplyDelete