Thursday, July 7, 2011

30 DoC: Day 29

It was my first day back at work after a wonderfully long weekend, and I used my creative chit for the day on a couple of new accessories I picked up last week.

A couple of AWESOME new accessories.



The purse was for charity! Really! As my husband drily remarked, "It was for TFTBKNP...The Foundation To Buy Kristen A New Purse." No, it was for Girl Scouts. My friend invited me a fundraiser for Girl Scouts that was held at 1154 Lill Studio, a local purse shop where you can create custom fabric purses, selecting your size bag and then all the fabrics for the exterior, handle, interior, etc. To be honest, after a while I got completed overwhelmed with the options and ended up getting the very first pre-made one I had seen when I walked in. But it was the best one; tell me you could have walked away from this!



Exactly.

(I also bought a smaller wristlet in rich teal that can be attached to the front of the yellow bag, but that one had to be custom made and will arrive next month. FOR CHARITY!!)

The second accessory was not for charity. They are for awesomeness.





God bless Clarks and their amazing sandals. These just appeared in my local store and were on sale, plus I had a 20% off coupon. Between you and me, I would have paid full price for them. They're turquoise! Totally the color of the season. But I got them with a good deal, and you can too over at Online Shoes. (Unfortunate name, though: Cow Cove.)

Of course, when you have two standout pieces like that in an outfit, it is best to let them stand out.



Black Target dress, black Forth & Towne cami, silver pendant short necklace from LOFT, new flippy haircut which no one had seen yet at work.





I really loved this outfit. Hubby did too; he rarely comments on my outfits anymore but he kept calling it "adorable" when I got home last night.

Would it be bad form if I wore it again today? :)

7 comments:

  1. I like the purse.

    Now that you know the shop exists I'll bet you could go back and pick out cute combinations without getting overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new bag! I've been thinking about ordering one from 1154 Lill Studio for awhile now - seeing yours might be the push I need to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the purse you got! I've been wanting to make a purse at Lill for years (I have a ton of designs saved online), but it's never quite in my price range.

    And I really like the bright accessories paired with a basic black dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing the shoes on a real person's foot! (BTW, that heel is definitely not too high for me.) What a great idea for a fundraiser. I'm a firm believer: never too many shoes - or - handbags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a perfect combo - love the bag, love the shoes, love what they do for the black dress! Your husband was right - you DO look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yellow and blue is really funky together. And your haircut is fab! Hope you had a great day at work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it is for charity ;) I've got nothing to say !
    Actually the pattern mixing is quite the eyecatcher :)

    ReplyDelete