Monday I woke up to this.

I had to scrape off my car on April 18. Just need to record that for posterity. UGH.

Our poor patio furniture!
Needless to say, I bundled up for the day. Spring transition, my patootie; no skin showing on a snow day!

I've really come to regret buying that Gap top with the Peter Pan collar, so I am determined to not let it become a "closet orphan". It works as a neutral base pretty well here; the purple of the LOFT cardigan complements the purple undertones of the "wassal" brown/taupe.

Ohh, going with the volume look! (Aka how to hid my belly without hiding my belly.) Continuing on with my brown-and-pink/purple love from last week, I added my brown NYDJ ponte skinnies from Nordstroms and my gifted brown-and-pink infinity scarf on top. As a final concession to the cold, my shoes were my Franco Sarto patent booties in burghundy. And socks. Socks!
Now I just need to figure out why my face is always red in my photos. What is the deal?

Anyway, onto happier thoughts. Like sandals. Here is a sneak peek at my upcoming post.

Much more pleasant than freaking SNOW in APRIL.
That's a nice looking combination!
ReplyDeleteI think there is something to be said for not belting tops. These colors are so great together they don't need a belt.
When you get the photographic explanation for the red face let me know.
You can tell Spring is coming because the last snow picture you showed had several feet and today's is just a dusting.
Dang. I know how you feel. I had to scrape snow off my windshield this morning too! !@#$%^ Oh well. Here's to sandals. Cheers!
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine snow. It was 95 here yesterday. But I have to say, you looked warm and still, light and spring-y in your cute outfit - love those colors!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to your sandal post. :)
I am sorry for the snow, however you look freaking fabulous !
ReplyDeleteI really like this combo :)