But I will not lie: I am having a ball mixing up all my new pieces and finding now combos to put together. There is nothing better than a closet re-organization (and new clothes, LOL). Keeps me invigorated!
Monday:

These pants should be so much better than they are! It occurred to me finally after seeing these pictures that they need to go to the tailor/dry cleaner; the pockets need to come out and be closed up, and the hem should come down so they can be worn with my higher platform heels. Both fixes should resolve the bagginess and stumpifying issues I have with these.
I paired them with my sand-colored Clarks Laguna Reef sandals from last year; we're at that phase in the weather where if I wear a long-sleeved sweater on top I get too hot if I also wear closed-toe shoes on the bottom. Crazy, but true! On top I went with my Gap ombre-dots blouse, my bright yellow Martin + Osa sweater, and my Banana Republic lariat long necklace.

I am often torn between belting an outfit like this (I belted the top last time) and going for the "volume" look as Angie at YLF encourages us to try. The problem for me is that because I am heavy these days I feel like going for volume makes me look like I am trying to hide under a tent or that I look even bigger than I am. But I like the volume look once in a while, so I try to make it work when I can. I think adding in a long necklace like this to help break it vertically instead of horizontally helps.

Tuesday:

I had a busy day at grown-up meetings, and the cleaning ladies always come early now so I needed something I could put on quick and was nicely professional. Kickass Kohls dress to the rescue!
This is an Apt. 9 number, in turquoise and black. I added the short Lauren Conrad bowtie cardigan, my Oroblu nude fishnets, and black patent peeptoe DSW shoes from last year. Seriously, these are perfect pumps, and so comfy.

I also got a lot of compliments and questions about the Oroblu Tricot fishnet hose. I stocked up on them at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale last July, and truthfully I only opened one package since then. I am still able to use my other pair from last year -- that's how long they last! So a $18 price tag for hose is a lot, but they last 10 times as long as any other pair I've ever owned. To me, that's worth the cost.
Hmmmm, I just looked back at the Kickass Kohls dress link above, and now I am inspired to wear an outfit I haven't worn in a while! I should be dressed quickly this morning... :)
You have such great legs, Kristen - you always look fantastic in dresses, and that KAK dress is no exception.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I was shopping yesterday and saw a polka-dotted blouse similar to yours and thought of you...held off buying it because next week I'll be in California, shopping with my BFF and need to save my money for that!
I have been looking for a tassel necklace like that FOREVER. I am jealous. I love that green cardi every time you wear it!
ReplyDeleteI like the blouse belted and un-belted.
ReplyDeleteThe dress, sweater and shoes really click. It's got lines in all the right places and the length is very flattering!
You look awesome in both outfits, Kristen! I hear ya on Spring - I've been busting out my open-toed shoes, but I'm freezing!
ReplyDeleteLove that yellow cardi.