Wednesday:

It finally dawned on me that I could actually hide the draped neck of this pink Gap sweater if I wanted to, and it worked great with the pretty pink-and-brown scarf gifted to me from my MIL. I've got a bit of muffin top but mostly that is the loosely-hung shape of the sweater; it's a little too long for me with pants unless it's casual outfit.
To counteract all that extra drapiness, I wore my Gap modern bootcuts (black, of course, because they don't make them in brown dammit) which slims the bottom half of my silhouette nicely. Can we take a moment to discuss the perfection of these pants? The cut is ideal for me. IDEAL. I would give anything for Gap to make these in as many fabrications as they do their perfect trousers (which are not perfect on me at all). Let's just compare the Gap pants to the only other pair of pants I have bought and kept this year -- and really, I only kept them because I desperately wanted olive pants.


No contest which look better. Gap, please, PLEASE, make more of these!
Anyway. Since I wanted to play up the browns of the scarf I added two others as my accessories: my tan Clark woven toe wedges, and my beloved Coach chocolate patent hobo (aka the World's Most Perfect Bag).

Friday:

I was inspired by an outfit from this fall that I happened upon while writing another post this week. For the first time for as long as I can remember, I copied that outfit right down to the jewelry and the shoes. But I couldn't completely duplicate so I added my Gap taupe/wassal sweater over it. I loved the way the colors all worked so well together. Milk chocolate leggings and layering top, taupe sweater, purple and brown dress. Yummy.
Gosh, I forgot all about my leggings! Time to pull those out for a bit with my new dresses.

Had a good hair day too. Huzzah!
Your hair looked good yesterday too.
ReplyDeleteIt must like Spring.
I adore the leggings look! And yes, those GAP pants are fabulous. Isn't it frustrating when you find a perfect pair of something? It always annoys me that clothes eventually wear out. I mean, I guess otherwise I'd still be wearing my 5th grade DARE t-shirt, but also sometimes I think I'd still have some of my favorite old dresses and we'd still be chillin' together. Oh well :/
ReplyDeletePink and brown has always been a favorite of mine. It really does flatter your coloring. The scarf sets the whole outfit off.
ReplyDeleteWorlds apart in those pants. You should send that picture to the GAP designers pleading for other colors! "Save me from these pants!" LOL
ReplyDeleteYou look so pretty in the browns and pinks - and that dress with the leggings is completely changed...you do amazing things with clothes, lady! :)