Thursday, March 24, 2011

Stripes Tuesday and Wednesday

Well, it looks like the Lucky hobo was the big winner of the red bag poll! Which is good, because that was the one I have been leaning toward; I like a nice slouchy hobo, and as Helen rightfully teased me, I have to be absolutely sure I like the red tone or I will be a giant baby about it. You should hear me grumble about my nails STILL! LOL. The Lucky hobo was a nice dark red, so hopefully that should work. If not, it's from Zappos so back it will go!

Meanwhile, the Kate Spade bag search continues. One will be mine, someday. Just not in that fire engine red hue that is all wrong for me.

Appreciate the help deciding!

++++++

Back to the Super Stripes Challenge! Unfortunately, I didn't really like either outfits of the last couple of days; the pictures and the concepts themselves were just "blah". But to be a good sport and good challenge participant, I will still post the photos here. Tiny photos. ;-D



Tuesday was a totally failed concept in every way. I love that top and wanted to try it as an over layer instead of an under, but apparently the yellow color choice was wrong as 3 people told me I looked like a bumblebee. Also it looks a lot more strained and stretch than it was, and the optical illusion of the stripes makes me look bigger, not smaller (unlike the other sweater on Monday). Fail!

Wednesday is just boring and too much grey. My only defense was it was cold and rainy and I wasn't feeling the spring mood. Also I did not realize the camera would pick up the outline of my nude bra so much; good thing I wasn't on the red carpet with paparazzi! I would be a Fashion Don't in every tabloid around the globe.

Let's never speak of these again, okay?

2 comments:

  1. I happen to like both of your striped outfits. I do not think you look like a bumblebee. I also think it's a slimming outfit with the added belt and the perfect pants. Perhaps next time you could through a structured jacket over it. And I also like the gray outfit, but I love me some gray. Especially on a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really like the yellow outfit too. I wish I had a yellow top or skirt or anything to recreate that. I think a thicker belt would have looked better, but I think it's a great outfit all on it's own.

    Grey is wonderfully chic. I'm glad you're still participating. Keep it up, and remember that's it's just clothes - you can always change them. ;]

    ReplyDelete