
I called this one Ruffles On Ruffles. My gold Gap ruffled sleeveless top under my black ruffled long cardigan from White House Black Market, belted with a black ribbon over my grey Gap modern bootcuts and my grey Franco Sarto heeled patent oxfords. And a wet spot on the gold ruffles from washing my hands, apparently. At least I am sanitary!

This looked better in real life. Black bootcut pants and black buttoned cardigan over a dark purple cowlneck top, all Gap items from 2010. The necklace is a Christmas gift from my sister. Thanks, K!

While Jessie and I were out dress shopping a couple of weekends ago, I snapped this shot of my weekend outfit. Taupe Old Navy tee with Old Navy butterfly burnout scarf and black Gap sweater, over my new Gap Long and Lean jeans and Naturalizer Bates booties. So happy to have wider-leg jeans again, hurray!

Last weekend, I went to my girlfriend J's to play with her sweet baby girl. Comfy to the max in my Martin + Osa yellow sweater, grey Lauren Conrad embellished grey tee from Kohls, my Banana Republic long tassel necklace, and Gap Long & Leans.


Truthfully, I have not been loving a lot of my outfits lately so the fact that I don't have time to snap a quick pic of them hasn't bothered me. But I do miss blogging my outfits, and I miss interacting with all of you, so I'm going to give it a concerted effort to make time this week. Plus, I got a very sweet note from a lurker (wanes to Janet) so I have been properly guilted into action again. :)
On the work front, we are thisclose to hiring the final new person in my group, which will end the 5-month period in which I have been doing two people's jobs. I will still have my hands full training them on the details of the job, but it will be nice to have other people to share the burden of work with in the end.
The bright yellow sweater looks great on you.
ReplyDeleteI agree, the yellow cardigan is so fabulous on you and I really love it combined with the grey top.
ReplyDeleteLove the M+O Yellow cardigan! Plus, gray and yellow is one of my favorite color combos!
ReplyDeleteI love that necklace your sister gave you. Gorgeous.
ReplyDelete- Annie
Glad to hear your work frenzy is waning...
ReplyDeleteYellow & golds are certainly "your" colors"!
I haven't been posting my wardrobe choices lately because I have been wearing the same thing for the past two-three months. I have a whole wardrobe hanging in my closet a size & two smaller. I do NOT want to thrift & shop at this size. My closet simply won't hold it all!
I have that same purple cowl :)
ReplyDeleteThat second outfit looks similar to how I've dressed almost every day this winter. I know I should try harder but between my size and this god awful winter, I haven't been motivated.
ReplyDeleteYour weekend outfits show how easy it is to look casual and really nice at the same time.
I'm loving the gold ruffled Gap top. So pretty!
ReplyDeleteThank you Kristen! Yellow is a great color on you. And the heeled oxfords are my favorite!
ReplyDelete