Thursday, February 17, 2011

Stripes and Purple

As I just posted over on Facebook, I finally got caught up with all the major projects I was behind on at work. Such a burden off my shoulders! There are still many new ones looming on the horizon, and a lot of little ones to bang out, but I feel for the first time in months that I have a little breathing room. I'm going to use it to prepare some things in advance (such a novelty for me, I've been prepping for meetings and training sessions minutes before I walk into them), and to train my new people with a little more in-depth knowledge instead of the seat-of-the-pants stuff I've been showing them.

Anyway, I thought I would also scoot in here and show you what I've been wearing lately. I've done a really good job of filling in my wardrobe holes and cleaning my closet to the point where the things hanging in it at arm's reach are all things that fit and that go together. I know this to be true because my dressing time has gone from 45 minutes to 15; I'm still having fun putting together new and/or interesting combinations, but it doesn't take as long to do it as it did this summer.


Friday


I just love this striped top from Ross that I picked up in Tucson. It reminds me of my cousin's daughter, who is a really nice kid and a lot of fun to be around. Plus it's cute, and versatile. I paired it with a purple Loft layering tee and my AT Factory short-sleeved black sweater, and gray Gap modern bootcuts. This was a training day for me, on my feet at the front of the class, so I wore my black clogs from Dillards. The necklace is a Christmas gift from my sister, one of the Lia Sophia's. Thanks, K!



So comfortable! That night, Hubby and I drove down to Joliet for an acoustic concert from John Hiatt and Lyle Lovett. It was amazing. And the outfit was so versatile all I needed to do was change into jeans and I was ready for a casual night out.

Monday


It wasn't until I loaded the photos onto my Mac that I realized I wore a variation of stripes and purple again the next work day. Whoops! But it's still a bit different; the sweater is my striped cascading cardigan from White House Black Market (a Christmas gift from my mom), and the top is a sleeveless draped neck in eggplant from the Gap. The pants are also Gap, the skinny dress pants, and the boots are Naturalizer Bates. And of course, my beloved pocketwatch fob necklace. I switched in the turquoise glasses just for fun.

I've got a couple other photos on the camera this week so I'll be posting those too. I promise, I stopped wearing stripes after Monday!

++++++

A couple of the ball gowns are on order from Nordstrom, so we shall see what happens with those! I've also got plans to hit the local mall with my friend Jessie this weekend, so maybe something will turn up there too. I'll post photos as I keep on looking!

Thanks for all the input on the dresses; as Lorena put it so succinctly, I am going to "SKIP DILLARDS, they were like dresses from another era." LOL! True, true. And YLF had a few more suggestions too; thanks, ladies!

6 comments:

  1. I love striped tees - they go with everything!

    You are really rocking these looks! Hope you enjoyed Lyle Lovett - my husband and I are huge fans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your first striped tee! I wish we had Ross stores here, everything I've seen on other blogs that comes from Ross is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, the purple under the striped tee is genius! You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I mentioned you today on our blog, so be sure to stop by and take a look-see! :) www.thecrystalcouturestore.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought about you this weekend when I saw the party dresses at Filene's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that first look with the layered purple ! Its unexpected and perfect.
    Looking forward to seeing your final dress picks.
    :)

    ReplyDelete