Saturday, October 2, 2010

October Fashion Goals

I was haphazard about taking photos this week, but this was Tuesday:

DSC_7370

This is the new Kohls cranberry sweater, which I LOVE a million times over. So comfy and warm, but the waist tucks in just enough to give it some shape and swing. Cindy asked what brand it is; it is Axcess and it comes in this yummy mallard too.

I paired it with my tie-dyed LOFT tee, new black Gap modern bootcuts, and two SYC Challenge items: a triple-strand of grey pearls on knotted brown leather (local jeweler), and my Circa by Joan & David black pointed-toe kitten-heel pumps. Otherwise known as the pumps that started my shoe obsession. Shopping Friend convinced me to try them way back when, and even that inch-high heel was more than I had ever worn before. I got used to the height and look pretty quickly, and started trying more of them. Three years later I am unfazed by a 3-inch heel, and in fact consider that my ideal shoe height. And it all started with these shoes! They're a little dated now -- especially the pointed-toe -- but they fit great and they look good with bootcuts. So I resurrected them.

DSC_7372

You can also see the darker tones in my hair in these shots; I love the way it looks, but I almost wish she had gone even darker. I might go for it next time.

++++++

Over at YLF, my buddy Bella posed an interesting question: what are your fashion goals for October? I don't set goals by the month but I thought I would give it a whirl to keep things interesting.

I said:
-I am going to continue the SYC-dressing challenge, where I highlight at least one older piece from my closet and try to rotate as much as possible. I've just done a bunch of fall/winter shopping so the impulse is to wear all new stuff -- but I kept the old stuff for a reason and I want to remember that.

-To try more silhouettes. I am giving the big blouse look a try; I picked up this Calvin Klein blouse in white (the green is on its way from another store) last night and I will give the true voluminous look a whirl. I am also really enjoying the bootcut look again.

-To mix up my shoes more. September was a lot of flats, which I have been loving, but it's time to rotate in my heeled oxford shooties, more of my boots, and my clogs and loafers, etc.

-Stay on top of my laundry more. With a smaller wardrobe and most of my clothes being fine in the delicate cycle, when I let the laundry go for two weeks I completely forget about perfect pieces for outfits because they are buried at the bottom of the pile!

Do you have any fashion goals for October? Let's hear 'em!

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to a wedding this month. Haven't worn a dress with heels in ages. Goal? To look and feel comfortable and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My October fashion goals are to:

    - hem a pair of jeans
    - find a second pair of maternity leggings
    - investigate maternity tights
    - sew closed the hole in my fingerless gloves
    - find a reasonably priced maternity coat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for answering my question. :0)

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've convinced me to search for this sweater for myself.

    My goal right now should be to find a pair of great fitting jeans. I've outgrown the few pair I have, which didn't fit that well anyhow. It's time for me to suck it up and accept that I need to spend the money for something nicer and get a bigger size, or two...:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOwza, you are looking fantastic, missy! I absolutely adore these outfits. Those jeans fit you to a tee, too. Our weather has been warm this week, but I can tell tomorrow will be cooler...you are inspiring me to break out the sweaters!

    ReplyDelete