Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tuesday: Feelin' Kicky

DSC_5942

Over at YLF, Angie talks a lot about "surrendering your waistline". I do love my belts, but I'm not adverse to the sack look once in a while. I love the look of this type of sweater because it achieves the same idea but it still breaks it up with different colors.

Speaking of colors, isn't this yellow AMAZING?

DSC_5947

It was one of my Martin + Osa purchases from a few weeks ago, and I've been dying for the right moment to wear it. I love yellow, and I was a little worried this one might have a little bit too much citron to work with my complexion, but it does not. Whew!

DSC_5943

I definitely felt flirty and fun in those outfit. Kicky, even. Something about the shape of everything reminded me of What I Would Have Worn, whom I adore for her sense of humor and adventurous spirit. So I tried to do a "Natalie" pose, and it turns out I am just as clumsy as she is. :)

These were attempts to do some standing-on-one-foot poses, and yes I did fall back into the door as soon as the camera clicked. Both times! LOL!

DSC_5944

DSC_5945

The details:
Sweater: Martin + Osa, summer 2010
dove-grey ribbed tank: J Crew Outlet summer 2009
black Merona skirt, Target spring 2010
dark denim jeggings, Kohls spring 2010
perforated suede boots, Aquatalia Jacks spring 2010
pewter lariat necklace, Banana Republic 2009

I am going to try to catch up on my fellow bloggers entries over the next few days. My Firefox tabs are exploding!

7 comments:

  1. Haha, what cute poses! I love the yellow (of course I do!), and I especially love a draped look! Great use of volume!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. You have the best shots. The yellow is indeed amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so funny - I love the poses. Great shade of yellow (I also wore yellow today).

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, seems like you had a blast taking these pictures !
    you transmit joy !
    Lovely color on that cardi.

    ReplyDelete