Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thursday: Even better the next wearing

Disclaimer: no pictures from Wednesday. The outfit was fine -- skinny black ponte pants, green banded sweater, black thrifted jacket, flats -- but the pictures were tragic. I spared us all.

Today I was also rushed and tired but I loved this outfit so much I forced myself to take some when I got home.

DSC_5852

DSC_5857

These boots are even better the second wearing. I was worried they might be too snug but they have stretched out perfectly. I kept them on for a few hours even after I got home, which I never, ever, do. Love, love, love, thank you "65"! :)

You know what I like best? They make my legs look like they go on for miles! No, no what I like best is how cool they are. I actually had two people stop dead in their tracks in the halls today and exclaim over them. No, no what I love best is how comfortable they are; I love that loose, breezy perforated suede around the calf. No, no what I love best is how they drew out some lurkers to comment they other day. *waves* Hello, thanks for reading and poking your head in! Don't be shy!

DSC_5856

George loves them too!

Okay, okay, the rest of the outfit. The dress is my green patterned Max Studio, the cream ruffled layering tee is from Ann Taylor, the brown short-sleeved cardigan is from Loft, and the new brown studded belt is from Walmart. (I am not afraid to mix the high-end and low-end here on LFD!)

DSC_5858

I gotta find the right outfit to show off the belt more next time. I love the studs (which you can't see) and the marbled caramel "leather" (which you can).

It's gonna be another long day tomorrow. I am contemplating wearing them again. They keep me cheery!

6 comments:

  1. Your legs look HOT in those boots, lady! And yes, they may in fact be perfect. PERFECT.

    You look especially cute in the second picture!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boots are worth their weight in gold. In fact, purchasing them has convinced me of the value of buying fewer items that are better quality, something I've been talking about for years but not quite managing to put into practice.

    xx '65

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are amazing boots, seriously! You look great, Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are really so great! I swear they are your signature piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those boots are SO COOL! I love them to pieces and they highlight your STUNNING legs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the boots! They do make your legs look so much longer and for short chicks (which I am), that's a huge plus. The dress is adorable on you too!

    ReplyDelete