Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Friday, Sunday, Monday: Print Dresses

My apologies for falling behind on posting and commenting. It was a crazy week at work, the weekend was full of plans with girlfriends, and then work was right back into the same problems I was tussling with when I left on Friday. I don't know when those will get cleared up, but I am reading and collecting posts I want to reply to soon.

Plus, Lost ended. Sniffle, heavy sigh. It was SO GREAT.

ANYWAY, I've been saved by my collection of print dresses. In the last 4 days, they have gotten me through every event and the wildly fluctuating temperatures (last week, 50, this week 80. Hello!) handily.

Friday:

DSC_5859

Jones New York blue print knit dress from Macys. Have I worn this on the blog yet? It was perfect at my girlfriend's shower a couple weeks ago, but I think this is its first wearing here. It was cool out so I paired it with a navy silk sweater from BR and my new beloved nude Aquatalia Jacks boots. The event on Friday was that I had to go to one of my hospitals to do some hands-on work to solve an issue; I needed to be authoritative but not aggressively so, so a sweater was better than a jacket. The boots were for me; I believe I ended up wearing them almost every day that week!

DSC_5860

Next time I wear this one I want to go more casual like my celebrity fashion idol Reese Witherspoon. I love, love, love how she dresses!

Sunday:

DSC_5866

I went to the local casino with another girlfriend -- oops, forgot about these plans while I spent the whole weekend before doing the same thing -- and the temperature shot up to 80 overnight. This is a new Kohls dress -- a jersey-cotton one from the Daisy Fuentes line -- and I just adore the bright colors to it. It's pretty bust-a-licious so I added an orange ON tank top and a white short-sleeved Loft cardigan. My bronze BOC sandals came back out from last year, and I was set.

Monday:

Monday was simple knit dress day at work; almost everyone from the boss on down was in some variation of the same concept. My boss' boss had one on that was very similar to the Jones New York one I wore on Friday. Heh. (Hmmm, I can wear that this week because I wasn't in the office on Friday so no one saw it. Good plan!)

DSC_5868

Mine is my most favorite and most worn kickass Kohls dress -- from last year's collection, not this one, sorry. LOVE the blue and greens together! I paired it with a teal camisole, a black ribbon at the waist, and my black peeptoe wedges from Loft, this time without the little ankle straps. (My ankles are so swollen right now, UGH. I hate TOM and massive temp swings. They are already almost back to normal today, but when they're bloated it is the worst feeling. They look like my grandmother's!)

DSC_5870

This is just the best dress ever. I don't know what I would do without it.

11 comments:

  1. I love Jones New York. It's the brand I don't even have to try on. I know my size and it always, always, always fits! I am, in fact, wearing my JNY dress today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable in all these dresses, Kristen! I like the last one the best, but I also love the one in the yellows/oranges - a nice change for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are stunning in that blue dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the most fabulous dress collection! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I love the bright yellow and orange one...and, I haven't watched the Lost finale yet! I'm putting it off...drawing it out, haha :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE the friday dress. Those shades of blue look positively stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous dresses! A print dress can really go almost anywhere, can't it? I too especially love the shapes in the pattern on the 3rd dress. They're so 60's/Christmas/Egyptian or something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love that Sunday Daisy dress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have an eye for dresses :)
    They are all beautiful and colorful.... superb prints!
    Yes, I think that blue print dress would indeed look amazing with the jean jacket a-la- Reese Witherspoon !

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look like you really enjoy wearing dresses, and all three of these are great! I'm loving the Jones NY one - LOVE IT! The new Daisy Fuentes is so bright and cheery - just tonight I was looking at my closet and thinking I needed some brighter pieces - it's close enough to summer, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute queen of dresses! I don't think I have seen the first one before. THey are all great!

    ReplyDelete