
I'm pretty sure you guys might remember this dress. I've found a new way to remix it yet again! Today's version was driven by my need to wear these waterproof patent La Canadienne boots; I had a meeting at another facility in the morning, and we got another 3 inches of fluffy white stuff overnight. I hate changing my shoes before/after meetings, so boots it had to be!
I added a white Lands End turtleneck, brown corduroy blazer from Kohls, gold-stone necklace from J. Crew Outlet, layered off-black and bughundy patterned tights, and a mustard belt from Target finished it off. I'm not actually sure the mustard was right up close, but I liked it with the outfit overall.
Near (said in a Grover voice):

Faaaaaaar:

Not that is matters, since once I got back to the office I ditched the blazer and the belt and wore the dress and turtleneck by themselves. More comfy that way.
I am going to be so sad when these tights shred.

+++++++
I tell you, it is SO EASY for an exercise routine to vanish from your day if you're not careful. One day turns into two, two becomes a week, a week is a month, POOF. Even when you're enjoying it! At least, that's what it's like for me. I just can't get it to become a habit. But I will keep trying!
Wow, your weightloss already shows! I love that mustard belt (heavy into the belts after decades of avoidance).
ReplyDeleteI liked the belt....
ReplyDeleteRe. the exercise thing, I just posted on my health/weight loss blog yesterday that "I (too) had lost my groove"! Some kind commenters wanted to blame it on the weather. I think you described MY problem in saying "if you're not careful". CARELESSNESS is my problem. One must pay attention, I think. It doesn't happen by itself.
Grover is the best! Cute outfit. I am loving the texture of the coat.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you about the exercise. How are modern women supposed to do it? Aren't we all just a mite over-committed?
I love the boots! I'm so into boots this winter season. I almost don't want to see the cold weather go...Almost.
ReplyDeleteExercise. Sometimes you just have to be selfish, put yourself first and pen in time to exercise. I totally work my schedule around my exercise time. I need to exercise not only for health but for my sanity. *GRIN* Cardio is my zen.
My favorite dress! Fun to see it remixed with mustard.
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to do exercise at the beginning of Medifast, isn't it? Not to give you an excuse, but I'm giving you an excuse :)
Nice remix :)
ReplyDeleteFor me is also dificult to keep exercice routines, every day I have to remember that today has to be the day, not tomorrow(although most of the times the evil stepsister that lives in my head wins)
oh! it would be a shame to see those gorgeous tights disintegrate!
ReplyDeletei have never tried this product myself, but it is supposed to prolong the length of your hosiery if you wash it in this instead of in the laundry:
http://www.sockdreams.com/_shop/pages/accessories_detail_ProductID_454.php
I like the yellow accents and those tights look so cool with it! I hear ya on the exercise routine. I've done the same thing and the next you know it's been months and you can so tell the difference.
ReplyDeleteYou are too funny!
ReplyDeleteI am always amazed at how many ways you remix that dress. Never would have thought of pairing yellow with it - it looks so cheerful with the purple/burgundy to compliment the color.