
So this is my version of casual Friday, heehee.
Okay, we did have a meeting in the morning so I couldn't do more casual, but many of the directors in my office were pretty schlumpy. I know now where the bar is set when it's a day when I can truly go for business casual -- and I may have several days next week when I can experiment with that.
Back to this outfit! This ones was fun; the Loft lantern-sleeved LBD that I just remixed last week, paired with a brown Lands End turtleneck, a great chunky mixed-stone statement necklace from a local jeweler, red plaid tights and my Nicole Bleesed multi-color shoes. It was perfect for the office and then dinner with Hubby and Shopping Friend.
Closeup of the necklace and the brown and black together:

Of course, the shoes and tights were the focus of the outfit, and I got tons of compliments on my "pink" legs. I thought the tights were red; they weren't the same red as the shoes, but I didn't think they were so far off they clashed. And I certainly wouldn't have called them pink.
What's your verdict on the color?

I know colored tights are not very appropriate for women my age, but I looooooved them with the red shoes. I wore them to dress down the outfit, to add some fun and a casual flair to a LBD. I didn't think I was wearing them in a mutton-as-lamb way. What do you guys think?

(Mutton-as-lamb = adult women trying to look like a teenager.)
I def. would not say that colored tights are not age appropriate for you... not at all! They look freakin adorable on you! I love them... you have great legs, so why wouldn't you want to draw attention to them??
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend :)
Those tights and shoes are to DIE for--they make the outfit! When you're 80, we'll talk. :)
ReplyDeleteTotally appropriate in my book! You're covered, your skirt is a great length, and you've got fab legs, so show 'em off!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely red, and definitely not mutton. I'm sorry, there is positively no logical reason why colored tights should be left to the youngin's. It's not like short skirts, or hot pants, where you're essentially advertising your fertility. ;)
ReplyDeleteI'd never heard the mutton-as-lamb phrase before! Since I'm more "muttony" than most, I don't trust my judgment any more. I don't FEEL muttony, but am sure I am. Judging from your picture, I'd say you looked just fine. And I'm glad to see someone else pair brown and black together, too!
ReplyDeleteLike. I think it is working just fine!
ReplyDeleteI love the tights, and yes, I think they are more maroon red than pink. I wouldn't call them pink, either.
ReplyDeleteMy mother in law told me the other day that she loved black opaque tights but didn't think she could wear them because of her age. She's 51. Is this so? It would've never occurred to me. I think you look great in these bright tights and to my eyes it's totally appropriate and flattering. I think there might've been a time when colored tights were "out there" but I think that time has passed :)
You look freakin fabulous. A teenager could never put together such a chic outfit. I love it!
ReplyDeleteWhat? Who says coloured tights are not appropriate for women in their 40s?? I call BS on that! I think it's appropriate as long as it's balanced with the rest of the outfit, in terms of trendiness (i.e. keep the rest of the outfit classic), proportion (don't bare it all) and colour (not all bright colour if you're doing bright tights).
ReplyDeleteI adore those shoes!
I love the tights - I actually have a pair that is a similar color, although mine are a bit pinker/less burgundy colored than yours. They are AWESOME with your Nicole shoes!
ReplyDeleteYay, a unanimous conclusion! I love those!
ReplyDeleteLoooove this outfit! I love the shoes, the tights and the necklace on the blank canvas of black everything else. So fab!
ReplyDelete