Friday, January 29, 2010

Thursday: All About the Shoes v2.0

I did something I rarely do: I wore the same pair of shoes twice in one week. I think it's love.

DSC_5181

Like Tuesday, I stuck with a neutral palette but with a pants combo instead of a dress, and I managed to mix together grey, black and brown this time.

DSC_5177

The fit on these inherited Talbots pants is not super-great but they're better than some of my others right now, and they're long enough to wear a 3-inch heel with. I paired it with two items from the AT Factory outlet store, a cream silk sweater top and a black cropped-sleeve blazer, then I swiped an idea from Danielle at Fell4Fashion and added my new favorite brown Target belt. My triple-strand chocolate pearls finished off the look.

DSC_5180

DSC_5175

The shoes are still super-great, but I am going to add a foam insert at the ball of my foot to stop me from sliding around inside them, and I'm a little disappointed that the right toe scuffed and got a scratch in the leather already. I'll have Hubby polish them for me, but still. Good thing they are so cute!

DSC_5183

We leave tonight for a weekend away, so no posts until Sunday or Monday. Have a good weekend all!

8 comments:

  1. I love the purple stockings! And the belted jacket is very flattering. The fit on the pants looks pretty good from where I stand. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great look you have created! Classy, slimming, and attractive. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really great, polished outfit, and those shoes continue to be amazing. I'd wear them twice in one week too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so tiny in that blazer - I love the belted look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you that you have a wonderful weekend away - and those shoes are awesome! They make your pretty, polished outfit look even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this on you. This is a perfect way to combine gray, black and brown. It looks so effortless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow. Those are some BEEEEEAUTIFUL shoes. And you're looking quite beautiful in these pictures, too, if I might say so. I really like the belt.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit. Those pants are FABULOUS! Consider me totally jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete