
I know, I can't stop staring at them either!

Ridiculous. RIDICULOUS. And comfy too! Kirsten at Barking Dog Shoes was right. The heel is the perfect height for my foot, same as my patent Franco Sartos oxford booties. Methinks these might join them on my list of All-Time Great Shoes.
I built the whole oufit around the shoes, keeping all the other colors low-key so the red, purple and brown could take center stage.

Black cowlneck sweater dress, BR Outlet
White turtleneck, Lands End
Brown grandpa cardigan, Eddie Bauer Outlet
Brown leather belt, Target
Black tights, Spanx
Multi-colored heeled loafers, Nicole Blessed from Endless
red-stone necklace, Gap
I am really liking putting browns and blacks together; mixing up my neutrals in unexpected combos -- navy/black, grey/brown, grey/brown/black, etc -- adds a level of complexity I think keeps me away from looking like I am just wearing boring black all the time. I call this a grandpa sweater because it is definitely older-looking than a boyfriend. :)

The black tights are an homage to Danielle at Fell4Fashion; I have been loving all my layered-tights experiments but I also really enjoy seeing Danielle's clean looks with a simple black. Plus, you're only staring at the shoes anyway. Why waste time with more tights? :)

Goofing around.

Holy cow, they are beautiful! How is the sole/arch support, Kristen? I love the blue-gray pair that is even lower priced on Endless, but I try to stay at 2.5" or lower for new shoes.
ReplyDeleteNot that I need another pair of shoes/booties, but it's always worth looking.
Also, I love how many neutrals you've seamlessly paired together. (I indiscriminately mix mine these days - blue skirt, charcoal cardi, black belt...)
Oh my God! Those shoes are amazing!
ReplyDeleteKari, they have great arch support, and they really do not feel like more than 2.5 inches. The suede Soffts we both have are much, much higher in comparison. The only thing is the toe box is a little wider than I am used to so my pinky toe rubs a bit, but I think I am going to put in a foam insert at my toes which will stop any sliding around. Check out the Barking Dog Shoes review linked in my entry, too!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Margee, I love 'em too. :)
those shoes are SEVERE!
ReplyDeleteas in severely awesome!
These shoes are amazing! I'm so glad you're letting them shine.
ReplyDeleteThose shoes!!! They are so fabulous!!!
ReplyDeleteLove those shoes! I want to go shoe shopping with you :)
ReplyDeleteKiller shoes! You wear them SO well. I love shoes that have a sense of humor and seem to wink back at you :)
ReplyDeleteWow, I just love those. Want!
ReplyDeleteThat actually sounds great for me because my toes are the widest part of my foot. I mean, I hate to steal yet another pair of your shoes, but they are so pretty!
ReplyDeleteOh MY! Those shoes ARE amazing!
ReplyDeleteOMG
ReplyDeleteM
G
The shoes !!!