Saturday, January 23, 2010

13-in-13 Challenge: Week 7 complete

I am writing the bulk of this post before I head out to my WW meeting, and I will enter the weight loss section when I get back. I had a really good week with food and exercise and mental readiness, and I want to look back at that before I know how that translated on the scale.

Anyway, as you may or may not remember, last week was really rough, and I actually skipped my WW meeting for the first time since the summer. I am thinking of that as a hard reboot; you know, when your computer gets so overloaded after running without turning it off for a long time, and just the act of rebooting it resets all the running applications and cleans up any problems you are having. That's what missing last week's meeting was like for me. I hope!

1. LOSE WEIGHT.
(For continuity's sake, my last weigh-in on January 9 was 182, and that was a -4.2 pound loss. I checked my home scale last week before I bailed on the meeting, and I was up to around 184. I will be delighted if I am close to where I was on the 9th.)

ETA after meeting:
Weight: 180.6
LOSS: -1.4

WooooooohOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! The reboot worked! Thank goodness.

2. Eat one vegetable-based meal a day.
Accomplished!

I did grab a cheeseburger at McDonald's one day, but it was a salad for dinner so I kept it under control. We celebrated my job offer at Sweet Tomatoes, not some upscale restaurant where I would have eaten all the wrong things ad had some wine to boot.

Interestingly, I had to eat on the run a second day so I stopped at Quizno's, and I ordered the honey mustard chicken salad because on the menu it looked like the most reasonable option with the most vegetables. Then I looked it up on Dotti's Weight Loss Zone site, and nearly had a heart attack: it was 28 points!!!! It was the highest-point item on the menu. Sheesh!

3. Do at least 2 different types of exercise each week.
Week 4 of C25K is complete, and it felt darned good. I purchased some running tights instead of wearing my too-short yoga pants, and I can really see the difference this is making on my dupa in my window reflection. The running pattern in W4 is 3 minutes, 5 minutes, 3 minutes, 5 minutes, and I was starting to feel like I was pushing it at last in the 5-minute intervals. Next week are 3 sets of 5 minutes, and I'm looking forward to seeing how I adjust.

That said, I did not get a second type of exercise in, but I am starting to feel restless. I need to find another routine for my off-running days. Hmmm, will ponder this more...

4. Limit my sweets/dessert/treats to 3-4 per week.
Like I said, I did not go the traditional route for celebrating my new job, and on Friday night, when all I wanted to do was go out to dinner and drink wine with my husband I instead had a big bowl of spaghetti squash and meatballs. Every time I was tempted I thought, "I want a good weigh-in on Saturday, I want a good weigh-in on Saturday," and that was enough to keep me on the straight and narrow.

AND (counting it up in my Tracker) I kept the sweets indulgences down to 4 this week. Wow, good for me; didn't think I had done it, but I did! I've been substituting clementines or flavored yogurt for when I have a sweet tooth and it looks like it's been working. What a Splurge mentioned that one of the new habits she developed last year was to have a bowl of fruit along with her breakfast every morning, and I have been trying to do the same. Those little clementines are perfect for when I don't have time to eat before I leave for work, and I have pineapple and canteloupe to cut up for this week.

So yeah, things are coming along a little better this week. Next week, the goal is get rid of that pesky 8 in the middle of my weight. 170s, I am aiming for you!

4 comments:

  1. I always overeat at Sweet Tomatoes. I can't stick to just the salad bar... the creamy soups and breads and dessert make me powerless. :)

    Congrats on your loss this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! You are so well on your way, Kristen. Great job with accomplishing so many of your goals this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. This is great progress. Well done, and good to know about Quiznos!

    Also, isn't it amazing how workout clothes can be a little extra motivation?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a great weigh-in! I agree, the right workout clothes make all the difference!

    ReplyDelete