Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Tuesday: Dressed Up and Dressed Down

DSC_4825

My lovely husband was on vacation all week so he washed, dried, and folded every errant piece of laundry in the house, including the Hamburglar turtleneck. I like it much better in this outfit; maybe it's when the sleeves are showing that it looks too comical for my comfort. This is better.

DSC_4827

What I like about this outfit is that it is all greys and neutrals, but I don't think it looks monochromatic at all; Angie at YouLookFab has talked about using texture to add interest to monochromatic outfits, but I don't think I've ever put the advice to the test before. I think it really works!

DSC_4826

The M+O jacket also gets another wearing, but everything else is hand-me-down or old: grey cuffed Talbots pants from Shopping Friend (pulled the tags off, LOL), grey pearls, black jersey Target scarf used as belt, and an old pair of pointed-toe Franco Sarto kitten-heel boots from a few years back. The boots are pretty out-of-date looking with their pointed-toe, but they're still super-comfortable and the heel height was the best I could do for the pants on their first wearing. I'm going to take them in to be altered next week. It's been so long since I had new pants I forgot I need all of them taken down so they're long enough with my heels.

As an added bonus, here's the "play clothes" outfit I put on when I got home. (Do you guys remember 'play clothes" when you were kids? We had school clothes, church clothes, and play clothes, and you always knew which clothes were which. When did we make it more complicated than that?) Anyway, the terry-cloth jacket is another fab piece from AT Loft's loungewear collection. I am officially in love with the whole line!*

DSC_4830


*Here are the other pieces I own from it. Thank you, Laura65, for getting me to try 'em!

DSC_4452DSC_4293

I will be out of town starting today, but I'm bringing my camera and my laptop so I may be posting from there. I'm looking forward to dressing casually for a few days, and I am really in the mood to take some pictures that AREN'T just of me. LOL!

6 comments:

  1. I love that terry-cloth jacket. It's such a great color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these outfits are chic and sleek looking. I love your cat, too! I can't wait to see these other pictures, too, though I do love pictures of you, too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the greys in this outfit! I'm glad you're getting the pants taken down - they are a titch too short. Screw the trends - I love pointy-toed shoes and will always wear them!

    George is one of the prettiest kitties I have ever seen. Almost as pretty as Inigo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to check ATL out cuz that jacket looks so cute AND comfy. Great dress outfit, too, your jacket is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you are enjoying your Christmas holiday and having fun out of town!

    I agree - the beautiful texture, particularly in the jacket, was the first thing that jumped out to me in these pictures. I'm so glad that you purchased it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, the Hamburgler only wishes he looked so stylish!

    ReplyDelete