Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tuesday: Would you like some cheese with that whine?

DSC_4377

A short black dress, a hot pink sweater, and grey patterned hose. Gee, do you think I was trying to distract anyone from looking at my hair? LOL.

The dress is new: a duplicate in black of the aubergine sheath. AT had them on mega-sale last week and the grey was already gone so I grabbed the black while I could. I adore this dress! Sadly, there was something funky and raw with the hem because it went to war with my new Spanx grey patterned hose, and each rubbed against each other on my thigh all day; the hose pilled and pulled and were ruined, and the hem fell apart in the seams. I am going to have my tailor re-hem the dress, and maybe drop the hem so it's a little longer.

And of course, I cannot forget the shoes! EEEEEE, I got these months ago at the Naturalizer outlet and have been waiting impatiently for it to get cool enough to wear them. They are ridiculously cute.

DSC_4376

The bows! The fabric! The bows!!!! Love 'em, and so did my coworkers. Even one of the guys noticed them, hahaha. They are pretty tall, though; taller than I thought. My coworker whipped out the ruler and measured, and they're only 3 inches. I guess it's the way they're constructed that seems like more. I put in some ball cushions and they were fine.

DSC_4379

++++++

In whiny news, I am still not liking the haircut at all. I do appreciate all the comments and suggestions, and I think I may try styling it so it's spikier today to see if that helps. My stylist had recommended using a flat-iron sometimes, but a) I don't own one, and b) I have no idea how to use one or what it is supposed to do.

But my bigger struggle right now is that I feel FAT. I'm still the same distance away from goal as I have been for weeks and months now (13 pounds), but the weight has settled in around my middle section and nothing is fitting or looking right. And for a clotheshorse like me, that is depressing in the extreme. My eating is not good at all; I have one good meal and one bad one nearly every day, and my willpower to stop that is low. I think I really need to kick up the exercise in response; running is good, but I need to get into yoga again immediately. That reshaped my middle like nothing else this spring.

So I am getting off the computer right now and getting a session in before work. YES! *fist pump*

10 comments:

  1. Adore your pink cardigan. I love long cardigans like that, so flattering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love LOVE this look! The hot pink cardigan is perfect with this look - I love that it's longer, too. And those shoes are awesome!

    I really like your hair, but I know how it feels to be unsatisfied with a new do. Sometimes it's just takes time to get used to it. But I think you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cardi with the dress! As for flat irons, I could not live without mine! They are so easy to use and not pricey at all for a regular ceramic one. For the $30, I would definitely recommend picking one up and playing with. It really was some of the best money I've ever spent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look for you! I love the pink and those shoes are to die for.

    You can do it! Get your head into your fitness again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love neutrals with a pop of a bright color- and the pink is perfect for your complextion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the pink cardigan and LOVE the shoes.
    I think Yoga and Pilates are the best when it comes to tummy issues.But you look great, don't beet yourself down. You just wanna be even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, you know your shoes are awesome when even a GUY notices them :)
    i'm feeling the same- fat- but let me assure you that you don't look it!
    as far as a flat iron goes, you can get a decent ceramic one for not too big of an investment, and they're super easy to use. for my hair, which is mostly curly, it takes an awfully long time, so i don't do it often, but the texture is worth the effort when i do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I think you look great and I love all of your clothes...and I even really like your hair, too! Get back into exercising, that has helped me so much and I've maintained my end-of-Medifast weight since I quit the program...and the scale is starting to go down again :) I check out your blog daily and always look foward to seeing your new things and how you're doing. Are you on facebook???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dina, I usually wear the purple instead of the pink, but I felt like it needed some attention. It's a great color on its own!

    Sarah, thanks! I love the long cardigan look myself; it works great with my sheaths.

    ShopKim, thanks for the flat iron rec! I may try one out, if I can figure out what to do with it...

    Sheila, I'm trying! I have to admit, you're a big inspiration. I'm so impressed with how you've made your eating and exercise habits a permanent part of your life. I want to be like you when I grow up. :)

    Meli, I love pink! I need more of it in my closet again.

    Nurmisur, I've never tried Pilates but I started yoga this year on the Wii. I've missed it this summer, and it shows!

    TTS, I knew these shoes were a winner when a sports-lovin' happily married guy noticed them even before my shoe-fiend female coworkers. LOL! I am curious about the flat iron; it certainly can't make it WORSE. :)

    Amy!!!! So glad to hear from you! Good for you for maintaining, and for keeping up the exercise. I've been ebbing and flowing, but creeping up just a little at a time. And I am NOT doing Medifast again, so I've got to rein it before it gets worse. What's your secret? Are you sticking with WW? I am on Facebook under my full name. Look me up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do not look fat - not remotely!

    I'm trying to deal with the midsection pudge. I'm making a commitment to visit the gym even though the location isn't 100% convenient, and I just found out about a hot yoga studio within a few blocks of my new workplace that a coworker likes to visit, and I'm thinking of signing up for a class or two. Yoga is definitely great for transforming & flattening those core muscles, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete