Sunday, October 25, 2009

16-Week Commitment Challenge: Week 10 complete

Sorry, I have outfit photos from the weekend but I haven't downloaded them yet. No more classics, but cozy and warm. Rainy weekends tend to bring that out in me.

Let's see how this week's commitments went.

1. Attend WW meetings every week without skipping any.
I weighed in on Saturday morning, and while it was less than what I knew it was last week when I took the no-weigh pass, it still wasn't back down to two weeks ago. But it was down, and it will continue to go that way.

The meeting topic was timely: the importance of eating the Healthy Guidelines instead of just eating your points. I've been concentrating on that a lot this week, making sure I was getting fruits and vegetables, yogurt and whole grains, instead of 2-point grab-and-go snacks. Unfortunately, the leader quizzed us with random questions about some of the specific rules for each guideline, and I would love to have heard examples of ways to incorporate the healthy guidelines into real meals. The topic is a two-parter so I am going to try to go to Thursday's meeting this week so I can see how the other leader handles it.

2. Exercise 4 days a week minimum.
Didn't happen; at first I was still babying my back, then I just got lazy. My pain is gone now, so I bought a new Wii Fit game and will hit that and some running again this week.

3. Count my points in my Tracker.
Oh, YES, I tracked my food. Every last bite. I am not counting points, but I'm journaling and that alone made a tremendous difference. I thought I had a disastrous day today, but I just wrote it all down and I realized it wasn't as bad as I thought.

No soup was made this weekend, but I have all the makings and can probably throw one together tomorrow night. Plus I have a new spaghetti squash the size of a watermelon! Usually I microwave my squash for 20 minutes, but that sucker is definitely going to need some oven time. Hope I can cut it open!

Plus, there will be more Mr. Bento posts. Maybe even with pictures!

4. Cut back on the alcohol to 1-2 drinks a week.
Had a beer after my shopping trip with Laura65, but that was it.

It was a good week, and a nice build of momentum that will keep me going into this week. I'm ready to fit back into my new jeans! ;-D

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting your food tracked! I know that has been a big problem for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very productive week, Kristen, and congrats on tracking your food. I hope that the healing back will allow you to have a blast with your Wii Fit game. What game is it? (My sister really loves the Hula Hoop game.)

    By the way, as an offside, I saw that the Trina Turk skirt you got at NAS is on sale & I am considering it, but it's only available in a size 10 and under. Does it tend to run small? (I am usually a size 8 or 10.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Khris! It feels good to have finally tackled this part of it.

    Kari, I got the Wii Fit Plus. It looks like I will be able to customize my workout so maybe it will go in the order I want, which will be faster than picking each move. I'll let you know once I've opened it up!

    The Trina Turk skirt was a little small, but it was the lining was the true small part. I ended up ripping mine (the lining, not the skirt) as I was getting in and out of my car and had to get it repaired. I would go for the 10 if you are between an 8 or 10.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you're my motivation to get back on the WW wagon. I want so badly to keep off the weight. Reading this post brought back so many WW meeting memories, I used to actually love going-it makes the biggest difference. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Dina! You should stop in a meeting if you haven't been for a while; did you ever make Lifetime? It's the best benefit of the whole program; you can attend meetings for free whenever you want, as long as you are at goal.

    ReplyDelete