Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday: Capsule Wardrobe Challenge 2009

And so the weeklong challenge begins!

DSC_4284

Plum Coach bag
brown corduroy blazer, Kohls
reversible-neck black long-sleeved top, Talbots
black knit dress, LOFT
reversible Spanx tights (black/bittersweet)
brown Franco Sarto boots
cream-and-red rose print scarf, J Crew Outlet

The temperature dropped by 20 degrees between yesterday and today, so I swapped in and out some different items. The white camisole was traded for the black long-sleeved top; I went with this one because it can be worn front or back; there are different collar heights on each side. Today I wore it high. The scarf was added in because I still had an open spot in my accessories list, now that I know hosiery isn't counted. (Yay!)

DSC_4289

I have to confess, pairing black and brown together doesn't come naturally, and I had some doubts about this outfit. But I think it all worked, and the scarf was a good pop of color to break it all up. I doubt I will be this dark again this week!

DSC_4286

4 comments:

  1. I agree that the scarf pulls it all together and adds a nice spot of color near your face, too.

    Maybe my eye has just adjusted, but I really like black and brown (or gray and brown) together. Bring on the mixed neutrals!

    Love those boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing wrong in pairing black and brown.It's a coordinated outfit and the scarf ties everything togheter.
    You look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOOOOOVE this whole outfit, especially that scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad the scarf is such a big hit; I almost didn't buy it at the J Crew Outlet because big red cabbage roses are not quite my style. But I think it works out very well.

    ReplyDelete