I like Sunday mornings. The day and the week are fresh and new; so much seems possible, and there's room to plan and daydream. Saturdays are for running errands and shopping and activity; Sunday is for taking it a little slower and gearing up for the coming week.
It's strange that I think of it that way, when the reality is I have just as much to do today as I did yesterday; I'm in the middle of doing laundry now (at 6 in the morning!), there's a grocery trip planned for pretty soon, and I've already cleaned out the nasty, nasty litterboxes. Hubby and I are headed out at 11 to go clothes shopping in the western suburbs (once he gets back from fishing), and before then I have to:
-get in a run
-finish the above chores
-prep the veggies from yesterday's farmer's market trip
-play with my tripod and camera timer so I can start taking better daily photos
-complete a clothing challenge from YLF
-write a blog post. (done!)
Then my girlfriend J is coming to visit in the late afternoon/evening, and I'm not sure what exactly we'll be doing, but it will either involve gabbing away while we watch DVDs or gabbing away while on lounge chairs at the pool. Or both. Plus dinner.
Dinner. Gotta plan for that.
My first week of switching to WW has only been so-so. I already detailed some of the bumps I've encountered with the transition, but the biggest problem is that I've been treating this week like my first week being out of school for the summer. You know, when you're so excited about being "free", you stay up so much later than usual watching mindless things on TV you actually have a headache in the morning, you eat so much cereal or popsicles or corn on the cob you make yourself sick, you deliberately stay in bed all day flopping around and playing with your cats, reading and watching TV, ignoring your mother beseeching you to get out of bed and enjoy the day, just because you can? That's been me this week. I've allowed myself to go overboard on everything -- alcohol, ice cream, extravagant dinners, more ice cream *g* -- pretty much every day. All day long I would be meticulous about counting my points and eating filling foods with lots of veggies and variety, and then I would get home and be stupid. Because I could! Sigh.
So this week's Diet Goal is to stick to the WW plan 100% this week. Really commit to it, and try to move the scale in the downward direction. It's been a couple of weeks since that happened, and I'm ready for some success again.
Working along with that, my Exercise Goal is to get in 5 days of exercise. I can't let crappy weather thwart me; if the pool isn't an option, I need to go running or swim at the indoor pool.
I think I also have a Fashion Goal, but I will probably talk about that in a separate post. I haven't quite figured out the format for this blog, but for right now, doing separate blog posts for each topic is working out.
Hey, it's almost 7am. Time to get going on my "lazy Sunday" to-do list! :)
Your weekends sound a lot like mine...Sundays are always "slower", yet I tend to do a lot of stuff on Sundays. Your goals for the upcoming week sound great...that's fantastic that you are committing 100% to the WW plan! I've done WW in the past and it is hard not to over-do it with indulgent foods since you technically can have anything on their plan. Hope you have a great day!
ReplyDeleteI'm watching to see what you do & then will follow :) I've never done WW so I don't know a thing about the plan. Adding points - is that a pain? I wonder if I could do it? I never like anything with math involved! LOL!! Happy Sunday :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Amy! Yeah, not over-doing the indulgent foods is the trick with WW -- and with eating in general. So I figure it's better for me to teach myself that balance while I'm committed to the stay within the confines of WW. The MF transition plan always worried me because it felt like it left you hanging once you added back in whole grains; according to the way they just kind of end it, you should continue eating 3 bars a day in perpetuity, and that's not realistic.
ReplyDeleteChris (a-ha, I thought that might be you!), counting points has its good and bad points. It's weird at first to have to convert all foods down to a points level, but doing that allows you to incorporate every kind of food. Then it becomes a matter of teaching yourself to use your points on healthier food, which is what the Momentum plan is about. I like WW, and I especially like they're pushing people toward healthier foods again. They were going through a period where it was all processed stuff. Ugh.