Emily, George and I have been missing you guys. It has been a busy couple of weeks!
They like to pretend to be shy sometimes.
Oh hey, do you like my new knit pants? Eddie Bauer straight legs. They work for casual office days and weekends. They're a little freaky because they're so comfortable they feel like pajamas.
Ha, see I knew George would ham it up. Emily, of course, wants no part of these shenanigans.
Let's see, what else happened?
I tried on my bridesmaid dress...
(which will get better fitted once I find a frikkin' low-back bra, which I think I have finally procured, after multiple online purchases.)
I got a haircut...
(Pretty, right? I wish I could blow it out as well as they do at the salon.)
I wore an adorable hand-me-down Kohls arygyle sweater from Jessie...
(I also did a lot of mirror shots to send to Jessie in the mornings as we compared outfits. So fun!)
I did some shopping and wore my new stuff as much as I could...
Black striped (hmm, maybe it is navy) drape neck short sleeved top from Lands End, worn dressy and casual. (Got a couple of pairs of knit shorts too, to be ready for summer.)
(Teal open cardigan from Eloquii, first worn with new Eloquii white ankle pants in a trial outfit for summer, then again to work for real with my Target bow-tie patterned top, black straight legs and animal-print flats.)
I wore the bejesus out of a couple of Gwynnie Bee tops...
(The obi is new from Eloquii too. They were having a great sale. My April purchase list is pretty big, but I think I am set for this summer. I'm excited to incorporate all the items into my regular rotations!)
I met my girlfriend A for lunch at Cheesecake Factory after we both got our hair colored...
(That was really, really delicious.)
(We could not stop laughing at the giant pile of noodles on her Chinese chicken salad.)
(Yeah, before anyone is impressed with us for ordering salads at Cheesecake, we also had vodka lemonads, fried mac&cheese balls for appetizers, and of course, cheesecake.)
I laughed pretty hard at my husband's "dress camo pants"...
(Yes, that is glen plaid and camo mixed together. In a cargo pant. I can't believe he even found these!)
Let's see what else?
Oh, right, I got a new job.
SO HAPPY.
That's been the main secret stressful thing I haven't been able to talk about here, and the reason why I have been so scarce the last few months. I was finally offered and accepted a new job -- a transfer within my company, to a totally new job and department -- earlier this week, and my new and old bosses are figuring out my end date. But it is probably going to be May 3, which is also the weekend of Shopping Friend's wedding. So I may be scarce for a few more weeks, but then I am really, really looking forward to a little stability and back to some regular routines.
Oh yeah, also looking forward to my new job.
HURRAY!!!!!
Before you even mentioned it, I was thinking how fabulous your hair was looking in the pictures! I'm with you on wishing I could duplicate what my stylist does - gah, especially yesterday. Don't know what the heck happened but my hair was especially funky.
ReplyDeleteThat bridesmaid dress is gorgeous. GORGEOUS! Great choice - it looks so good on you, and it's one you can actually wear again!
Love that argyle cardi/red shirt combo. And the light washed jeans are so cool - what brand/style are they?
Congratulations on the new job! How exciting for you!!!
Thanks, Shelley! Actually the bridesmaid dress caused a major panic crisis, but Ive since calmed down, found the right undergarments, and went in for a second, better fitting. I think it's going to be lovely in the end.
DeleteThe jeans are my old standby, Old Navy Dreamers. I got the long version so I can wear them with heels. That actually helps me a lot with the look of jeans; I think I need that little bit of extra length that heels provide so the jeans don't look stumpy on me.
You had a heck of a hot streak with your GB tops. That red/black one in particular is so great.
ReplyDeleteSo funny, since that one was the one I liked the least. But it was perfect for a suit look.
DeleteCongrats, Congrats, congrats on the new job Kristen !
ReplyDeleteI hope you have not been THAT busy that you forgot about your shoe edits ;)
And your picture made me crave The Cheesecake Factory.
I will find time to complete my shoe edits, I promise! (Although it may go into next month too...)
DeleteCongratulations on your new job...you and your wonderful stylish outfits deserve it! I can't wait to hear about your new job and continue with the updates on your outfits!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Funny, one of the things I am looking forward to is figuring out what are acceptable clothes for this environment, and seeing what I have that will work with it. I'll be in a hospital, so I'm not sure open-toed shoes will be okay this summer. And my twice-weekly jeans are definitely going to be a thing of the past...but it will be fun adapting my style to the new rules!
DeleteThe bridesmaid dress is awesome. I hope the underwear to go with it isn't uncomfortable because the dress looks like fun.
ReplyDeleteGood news on the job! Will you still be working with the Nuns?
The teal sweater/white pants is a great looking combo.
Congrats on the job! Woo hoo! I hope it will be less stressful for you.
ReplyDeleteLove the bridesmaid dress and the new obi! Love!
Congrats on your new job! Very happy for you!
ReplyDelete