As promised, here is a random photo spam to tide you over while I think up some new content. This is for Lorena, Shelley and Diana, who could not conceive of ice and snow on a beach. The series of photos was taken in Wilmette Illinois back in 2007, during a particularly brutal winter. At one point, Lake Michigan practically resembles an alien planet.
January 16
January 21, after a snow storm
January 26
February 7
February 21, after another storm
March 5
The next photo spam will be warmer and prettier, promise!
Thanks for posting these - honestly, it looks like an alien planet with the combination of waves and snow/ice! Incredible.
ReplyDeleteBrrrrr... we've been to the shore a number of times this winter and absolutely no snow or ice. I don't even want to think about how cold it is that there is ice there.
ReplyDeleteI'm a little envious of people not knowing what an icy, winter beach scene is like, because I'm ready for warm beach days! Except that it can be really pretty when it's snowy and icy.
ReplyDeleteWow - that's surreal. I've only seen ice in Florida once or twice.
ReplyDelete