Thank you for your patience and your sweet notes checking in on me. When I started my hiatus I only expected to be gone a week or so, but then other things in my life start piling up and making everything that much worse, and I just couldn't think of anything to say on Ye Olde Blogge, so I stayed away until things started to improve again.
But this has pretty much been my mood all month.
Shamelessly stolen from my buddy Helen, who is going through her own winter doldrum period. (Hang in there, sweetie!) In a weird way, this cartoon helped nudged me out of my mood; I'd been procrastinating, just pushing things off for "just one day" while I was hanging in limbo waiting for resolution for various things, and every day feeling guiltier for not posting and getting back in the swing of it. The cartoon was like a period at the end of a run-on sentence; a hard-stop declaration that I was at the end and I just did not want to run on anymore. It allowed me to forgive myself, weirdly enough, and then to just take a week and lie facedown on the floor, then get going again in a forward direction.
So here I am, moving forward.
How shall I do that? By showing you photos of my time away! ;-D
I have been taking tons of photos, and am even back in the rhythm of daily outfit photos; I convinced Hubby to move some things in his office so I could get my old corner area back for shooting, and there I have been taking a 4-set every day.
I liked the pairing of the hunter green tee and the turquoise necklace. The contrast complemented each other well.
The timing of moving the tripod upstairs could not have been better, by the way, since we had major seepage in the basement for about a week. The condo guys finally came yesterday to cut into the drywall and find the cracks in the foundation, which unfortunately they could not find. So we have moved the carpet and the drywall aside and are waiting for our most recent snowfall to melt so they can find the leak. Oh joy!
We had to rip out half the padding in the room with the last seepage a few years ago, and the carpet will have to be replaced once the leak is found. We got it all dry without any mold, but the water stains are just too big and ugly to ignore. And carpet is a must; look at that God-awful linoleum underneath!
They covered up the bottom hole with the drywall pieces, and are keeping it secure with a piece of Hubby's fishing stuff; apparently it's very easy for a little nosy cat (like our own curious George) to crawl in there and get stuck behind the walls somewhere. Yikes!
But it hasn't all been gloom and destruction! I've had tons of time with my friends, wandering through Ikea with Babyfriend and then last weekend playing with Legos with her and having our minifigs talk to each other for about a half-hour (heh). Plus hanging out with Babyfriend's Mom and with Jessie, also always highlights of those visits. My buddy Phillip left the company so we had a nice dinner out to celebrate that. Shopping Friend is getting married in May so we did a foursome dinner this week to talk over shower stuff and just re-connect and have some laughs. AND I had dinner with my local YouLookFab buddies Laura and Marianna where we chatted about blogging and writing and shopping and all the fun stuff of life. :)
YouLookFab forever!
Man, I miss that guy. He is even more of a ham than I am!
(From an earlier night out.)
Speaking of someone who makes me laugh, Hubby has turned to money laundering. ("Money dyeing" might be the better term.)
But his black jeans are looking good, so that's all that matters in the end. Hee!
I have more posts to come. And yes, Lorena, I have my edits from January. :)
Yay! It feels good to be back.
Good! Glad to see you back!
ReplyDeleteWhat a bummer about the basement seepage. (Seepage is such an icky word, isn't it?)
You all look FAB by the way. And the dyed money cracks me up!
So happy to see you back to posting - while I've enjoyed reading your comments on my blog, I like (and missed) reading yours!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are back...I have missed catching up with you! Good luck with your water issues...good thing there was no mold!
ReplyDeleteYay, welcome back.
ReplyDeleteIs Marianna blogging again? I used to follow her blog awhile back, and was sorry to see her stop.
Good to see you are back... i have been procrastinating too, maybe it's in the air :)
ReplyDelete