Grey on grey on grey on black. I am crazy about all the draped necklines around these days; this one is a heathered grey sleeveless one from Target that has worked well under many of my blazers. The drape at the waist is a problem, though. I put this grey mix together because I wanted to wear my grey pinstriped pants but there is something about the hue that makes it hard to fit with my more brightly-colored tops. So I went with neutrals instead. The jacket is a knit Alice + Olivia that I got during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale; for a while there I had my doubts it would get much wear but I've been putting an effort into finding the right use for it, and it's worked well.
More neutrals of the navy and brown school. The grandpa cardigan is a little too grandpa-y here, but I decided to give it some structure by tucking in my Gap navy-and-brown striped top and adding a brown belt. Now that I look at it, a stronger gold necklace would have worked better instead the delicate long one I wore.
Casual Friday with a mustard v-neck shirt from Nordstrom, my beloved striped Lands End blazer, the Gap trouser jeans, and rose gold Tahari flats from DSW.
We went to Detroit this weekend (photos coming tomorrow!) and I somehow only managed to get one outfit photo. Which is a bummer, because I did finally break down and bought some new clothes from Lane Bryant, all of which I wore -- and that went together perfectly -- all weekend. I was so excited about my weekend packing, and I have no visual evidence to show it off. Doh!
This was Friday night; we stayed at the MGM Grand casino, so we spent the night "in" and downstairs gambling and hanging out. The long cardigan and black top are new from Lane Bryant, the jeans are those Jag jeans that I am still on the fence about (they did not fare well by the end of the weekend, waaaaaay too stretched out) and my sparkly Vince Camute suede flats. I am in love with the weight, fabric and stripe size on that cardigan; it is going into heavy rotation this winter, I can tell you now. Probably going to wear it today!
The purse is from a consignment store from a couple of years ago; it's a faux Chanel that I paid about $15 for. I love the idea of it, but I have only used 2-3 times. This is the last one; the "leather" in the strap is completely shredding and left little red pieces everywhere. It's in the bag for donation now!
This is yesterday's back-to-work outfit: the top is from Gwynnie Bee, and I knew as soon as I saw it on their website I had to wear it with my cobalt blue blazer. On its own, I didn't really love the top; the knit was too static-y and too short for my preferences, but under the jacket? Perfect.
I am so enjoying my Gwynnie Bee experience, I am considering upping my subscription to 3-pieces out a a time. Hmm, maybe for the new year when the shopping itch starts up anew. Right now I think I am doing okay finding things to wear. :)
From all your looks my very fave is the one with that gorgeous print top from Gwynnie B, my only concern is that you acknowledge it is clingy and too short.... so that means it will not be in your closet long... :/
ReplyDeleteTrue, it is already in the return bag to be shipped back. But that's the best part about Gwynnie Bee; I'm not *supposed* to keep them long, they're just rentals! And I got one nice outfit out of it, so that makes it a successful rental top. I have had some that never even get worn, they're just not right.
DeleteHi Kristen, I really like the Grandpa sweater! I don't think its too Grandpa-y at all. In fact, thats my favorite outfit out of all of them.
ReplyDeleteI love the stripes, both in the blazer and the cardigan. And it's always so fun to not only see what you wear, but also watch you deconstruct the whys of each outfit. :)
ReplyDeleteThe striped cardigan is nice looking. I like that length on you.
ReplyDeleteI think you should spring for a great casino crossbody bag. I can always tell when you're out for a party by when the crossbody bag comes out. Even if you only wear it 2-3 times a year it's a classic that should last a long time.