Wednesday, April 25, 2012

More Exciting Updates: Shopping!

1. After many weeks of dithering (and drooling over Sarah's cheetah version) I took the plunge and bought myself a new purse for spring. It is a Rebecca Minkoff; the medium size is just perfect, and I am in love with the chain strap. It came in many colors -- the coral-red one was especially attractive, and I do really love the cheetah one Sarah has -- but because my spring trench is bright red I thought a neutral was a more functional choice.


Here is what it looks like in real life.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


LOVE IT.

2. I am also in need of a new sturdy tote for my work laptop. Since I mostly use it to take to meetings, it has to be a nice bag so it goes with my suits and good purses. I have a great Halogen tote from a couple of years ago that is getting worn out at the straps, but they changed their style so it is vertical and I don't think I like the patent/leather combo.



This Cole Haan one is stunning, but crazy expensive.


What I really want, of course, is a Longchamp. I keep eyeballing them and drooling over the ones I see on other women, but I haven't yet taken the plunge. I thought I had ordered one a few months in this great deep purple color, but methinks the Nordstrom salesperson messed up because I never received it and never paid for it. Of course that color is long gone now, and I just can't decide what color to order from the current selection. One of the neutrals, or one of the colors like this deep red? It would match my trench...

Or should I play it safer with this navy?



3. After a long dry spell of shopping, I went on an online spree from Old Navy, Target, Lands End, even Coldwater Creek (I KNOW). I was desperate to find some tasteful tops for work. Sadly, just about everything I ordered went back; either it was too boxy, or all navy. Navy is fine, but not as a top, especially since most of my pants are black or grey. I ended up with a hot pink blouse and a striped tee from Old Navy (neither of which I can show you because their website is acting funky). But I desperately need some others for the summer; any suggestion?

4. I ended up returning the nude pumps because of sizing issues, so I am still on the hunt for a nice neutral light-colored shoe for spring and summer. The Cole Haans are really enticing me...


5. Barking Dog Shoes did a great post about pretty Naya sandals for summer, and I have to confess, these are also in my Zappo's shopping cart.


Barking Dog Shoes is a FABULOUS blog to follow if you have foot issues or, like me, just want to know about the comfortable shoes out there. So often that means those ugly orthoepdic looking ones, but Kirsten also manages to find the cute ones too. I've purchased many recommendations from her over the years, and never been sorry.


That's it for all my shopping news! :)




6 comments:

  1. walterlisa@sbcglobal.netApril 25, 2012 at 9:35 AM

    Your new purse is divine! I love the cognac color and the interior lining is beautiful. Does the chain strap make it heavier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you ever shop at J. Jill? I think they have nice layering tops and cardigans. And the colors this season are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get yourself up to the outlet mall! I picked up a ton of new summer tees/tanks (many of which are work-appropriate if paired with a cardigan or blazer) at the Loft outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous purse - I shall admire it from afar. :)

    What about Loft for tops?

    Oh, and thanks for that shoe blog link - what a great resource!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love the handbag! Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see those Longchamp bags all over. I like nylon bags; I usually go for the colorful leSportsSac. For business use I think the solids are more professional. I'd spring for the Longchamp.

    You know you're going to load your laptop into it so picking a bag that isn't heavy in itself seems like a good move. Are the straps reinforced enough that they won't tear out after you cram the bag full?

    ReplyDelete