Yes, I am a little excited. Not just for the living room, but he is painting the kitchen too. I've wanted to fix the color of the kitchen for the entire 10 years we have lived here. Plus, since I have to prepare the room for him, taking down wall hangings and pulling everything away from the wall, it seems like the perfect time to do a cabinet re-organization. Maybe we'll even throw away the fax machine! Especially since we got rid of our landline several years ago... ;-D
2. OMG, I had such a good laugh at Phillip when we read some of your comments from Wednesday. I have never seen him blush before! Kudos, you guys. You flapped the unflappable guy. Ha!
3. I noted on Facebook yesterday that I am so sick of all of my clothes I want to set my closet on fire. That's why I stopped taking pictures; I only fit in a small portion of my closet, so I keep re-wearing the same 10 tops and 5 sweaters over and over. This is a typical feeling when I get dressed.
Okay, that outfit was pretty good. But I can't wear it every day. Worse, my favorite part of the outfit, the brown peacock pendant, broke off the chain later that morning. I tried repairing it but it just kept falling off. It's a cheap one from Charming Charlie's so it's pretty much done, but dammit, I liked it.
4. Here's another outfit from last week or so. I don't think I posted it. It was...typical of what I've been wearing lately.
5. To counteract my cranky mood toward my closet, I did finally do some shopping. It's actually been a while since I went on a spree. Packages from Lands End, Gap/Old Navy, and Coldwater Creek (I know! I'm gonna try a few things) are on their way. Maybe I'll do a photo shoot while I try them on.
6. My stylist abruptly left my salon, so I am overdue for a cut and now I need to break in a new stylist. My third one in 2 years? I might be the black widow of Mario Tricoci.
7. Anne asked where we got our super-awesome new rug; the decorator from Lazy-Boy found it for us, so we got it through them. I cannot recommend their FREE decorating service more highly; Casey is the one who found all the pieces that pulled the room together, and she recommended the paint colors that we will be using. I love color, but I cannot pick the right ones for paint. If you are in need of a new chair or couch and would like some help incorporating that into your home, go to a Lazy-Boy store and use their decorating service. Again, it's FREE. If you go to the store on Willow and Patriot, ask for Casey. She was great!
8. The challenge is...not going well. I did a couple of days of exercise last week, but this one has been a wash. I will keep trying.
9. Even though I will be spending most of it tearing apart my kitchen, I am really, really glad it is the weekend.
10. I feel like dyeing eggs for Easter. First time I've even had the inclination since I was a kid. I won't, but it's tempting!
What about you guys? Any Easter traditions you want to share?
I am having the same problem with growing out of my clothes lately. And have bought some things just to make myself feel better. (Also, just between us and the whole interwebs, I secretly love Coldwater Creek. They have great little jackets that are really well made and usually flattering. Just like any store you just have to weed through the...rest of the stuff.)
ReplyDeleteI saw a great blogpost somewhere about natural dyes for easter eggs. Spinach, beets (natch), carrot tops. I almost want to try it.
Don't feel bad about the challenge - you DID do a couple days of exercise! The point is to get you out moving, and that's what happened, so you're doing good!
ReplyDeleteAnd that decorator sounds awesome! We just bought all new furniture over the past couple of years, so it'll probably be a while before I can use that service, but still, filing that away :)
My family doesn't really have many Easter traditions, but I am headed to Ohio in about 10 minutes to see them. Have a good weekend!
I think the clothing thing is partly because of the season. For example, when I went to dinner with friends last night, it was 52 when we left. When we walked back out of the restaurant it was 35! SO HARD to figure out what to wear, even for shoes. Blech.
ReplyDeleteNo Easter traditions here, although I have been quite tempted to dye eggs this year also.
Enjoy your weekend!
I haven't had time to sit down and read Phillip's story, but it's waiting for the moment when my mom and I finally take a break from shopping...maybe Sunday, when the stores are all closed? :)
ReplyDeleteHate it when clothes feel blech - glad you did some shopping! I think you should take pics, even of the things you don't like, and show why/what doesn't work about them...I'm always up for more tutorials.
How exciting to get your house painted!!! I had to reorganized my cupboards recently when we got additional shelves, and it's so nice to have everything looking less cluttered (and ROFLOL at you still having a fax machine w/o a landline)!
Wow Kristen, you head's quite crowded.
ReplyDeleteI need to paint my house. My dogs have the very bad habit of drinking water, drenching their mustaches and drying them against the walls -specially the hallway - so there is a big dark streak there.